Help with a Basic Model

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello,

I am doing a basic little animation for my son and he has requested a certain gem stone like object to be a part of it (see attached).

I'm fine with the texturing and the animation, but not so much with the model.

Can anyone whip this up for me or point me in a direction where I might be able to do it in short order?

Thanks in advance!

gem.png
1366 x 706 - 24K

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I am doing a basic little animation for my son and he has requested a certain gem stone like object to be a part of it (see attached).

Can anyone whip this up for me or point me in a direction where I might be able to do it in short order?

Thanks in advance!

within Bryce if you click on the little triangle next to Create, you will find more primitives, both additional primitives and Geometric should have something more Gem like to use.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for your response, but I've looked through those and none are close enough.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Blender has a plugin that will create a simple gem and diamond. I exported both of them in obj format and you can download them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mqju4ds18f02h6/GemDiamond.zip Due to space restrictions in my dropbox account, this file will be removed at some point.

If this isn't what you're after, let me know what kind of shape you want to see and I'll see if I can throw something together quickly.

Art

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

This is one way.

Model a simple gemstone shape in Wings 3D - by David Brinnen

Or if you just email me, [email protected]

, I will post you the model directly - if it is what you are looking for.
    Image4.jpg
    708 x 413 - 50K
    edited August 2013

Oops....after watching David's tutorial, I don't think what I provided is going to be what you're after. My apologies for that. Thanks, David, for picking up on what he was after. :)

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited December 1969

Oops....after watching David's tutorial, I don't think what I provided is going to be what you're after. My apologies for that. Thanks, David, for picking up on what he was after. :)

Well, to be fair, I don't know if that is what he's after. I'm just guessing that's the shape represented by the pixel art.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,255
    edited August 2013

@stevenjamesfrank - if you look for lapidary, there's free models made by Rosemary Reagan. See this thread www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9770/P1050 and here is the start page www.3dlapidary.com/HTML/Collections.htm.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @stevenjamesfrank - if you look for lapidary, there's free models made by Rosemary Reagan. See this thread www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9770/P1050 and here is the start page www.3dlapidary.com/HTML/Collections.htm.

Impressive selection of models! Maybe something to play with in Octane... I wonder what the UV map assignments are like.

edited December 1969

Rosemaryr as she called herself in the forums is/was quite expert in Bryce. I haven't heard from her for a long time. She also used to organise some Bryce contests.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Rosemaryr as she called herself in the forums is/was quite expert in Bryce. I haven't heard from her for a long time. She also used to organise some Bryce contests.

Is that the same Rosemaryr as this one who is doing lots of stuff in MD nowadays. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1936/P285/#386140

edited December 1969

Oh yes. The avatar is the same. Good to see her still around - sadly not anymore for Bryce as it seems.

edited December 1969

Well, to be fair, I don't know if that is what he's after. I'm just guessing that's the shape represented by the pixel art.

Good point.

I had seen the lapidary several years ago and forgotten all about it. What a great resource. Thanks for providing the link.

Art

• edited December 1969

Yes, David's model is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks to all who posted!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Too late then with my version. Modelled in Bryce using Rashad's Additional Primitives :)

Emerald.jpg
    650 x 500 - 180K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Nice work Dave.