Can't Find Installed Shapes

TerianderTeriander Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in New Users

I just purchased this from the store:
http://www.daz3d.com/ethnicity-for-genesis-asian-1

But I can not find it anywhere in my DAZ3D in Application Content Browser. Where can I find it?

I installed this product via DAZ3D Install Manager. The install folders are set to their DEFAULT locations on C drive.

p.s. Daz loads Genesis character just fine when launched. Also using DAZ Studio Pro 4.6

Thanks!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Genesis shapes don't have presets like the Generation 4 figures had. All Shapes will be in either the Paramters or Shaping panes or Both when Genesis is selected..

edited December 1969

Also some face shapes only appear when the head is selected.

• TerianderTeriander Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I've selected the head. But I don't see any options for the Asian options I just purchased. The options for that Asian setup in the store says it works for Genesis and Daz 4.6. What am I missing that's keeping me from finding it?

edited December 1969

Well not having them myself I cannot check for you. But the readme says it should show up in all 3 panes, Parameter, Shaping and Posing. You might have to dig deep to find them. If you didn't have an issue when installing then they should be there, just not under the main heading of "Ethnicity for Genesis: Asian".

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

With the figure selected, go to the parameters pane. Then chose actor > head > then male or female depending on your figure.

ethnic.jpg
    975 x 616 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Thanks CyberDog for providing that screen.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

If you used DIM to install the Morphs and other content they are in this Folder: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library you said everything is at Default. The Default folder DAZ Studio see's is C:/UserNAME/Documnets/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library in the Content Directory Manager. If you have not added the My DAZ 3D Library to your Paths as Both a DAZ Format and Poser Format path your morphs are not see by DAZ Studio.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I didn't see any additional options under the Male list. I posted a screenshot of my options.

Im assuming something is installed wrong, but I used the Manager and everything else loads just fine. Any suggestions.

daz_issue_00.jpg
    1250 x 1079 - 170K
    edited August 2013

Have you tried looking under Actor > Head > Male > Real World > Ethnicity as CyberDog's screenshot shows?

Sorry I had a closer look at your screenshot and yes I see it is indeed missing. Sorry about that. I think I better go to bed now and let the others try to figure this out..

Post edited by Szark on
    edited August 2013

If installed properly you do Select Genesis Head then the Shaping Tab and then Head. Here is my Bundle.
    Click images for Full Size.

Capture1-1.png
    408 x 887 - 76K
    Capture1.png
    217 x 357 - 16K
    edited December 1969

Apparently something is wrong. Here is a screenshot of what I have, I've selected the same items but its just not here.

daz_issue_02.jpg
    581 x 539 - 92K
    daz_issue_01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 177K
    edited December 1969

Any idea on what Im doing wrong?

edited August 2013

You have not selected HEAD, I selected just HEAD in Shaping. Not any SUB setting just the FULL HEAD.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Teriander said:
    Apparently something is wrong. Here is a screenshot of what I have, I've selected the same items but its just not here.

Go up one level, you want Head, not Head>Real World

edited December 1969

Ok Jaderail,

Here is with the head selected.. Any suggestions?

daz_issue_03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 180K
    edited December 1969

May I see this and this Please?

Capture2.png
    585 x 584 - 60K
    Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    edited December 1969

I just noticed when you pointed me to this location that the DAZ3D has a reference to the D drive. Is this the issue? Im not sure why its pointing there. I wanted everything to be default so I'll have less issues like Im having now.. Not sure when or why that got changed... Is that the problem? Images attached.

daz_issue_05.jpg
    551 x 517 - 72K
    daz_issue_04.jpg
    342 x 464 - 48K
    edited December 1969

I can not read your full paths. Please enlage it so the full paths show. Just Mouse pull on the lower right corner or right side.

edited December 1969

I apologize.

daz_issue_06.jpg
    588 x 464 - 56K
    edited December 1969

The default install path in DIM is not the same as the one which used to be the default in DS4. You need to either add the DS path in DIM using the "+" sign at the bottom left of the Settings>Installation tab, or add the DIM path in DS using the Content Directory Manager window (both DS-format and Poser format)

recommended_path.jpg
    533 x 500 - 64K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

My 3 Ethnicities (African, Asian, and NA) are installed to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My Daz3D Library. At least they were, according to DIM. However, they were not showing when I opened DS4.6. I uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM and now they are showing up. I have no idea what happened to them, but now I'm okay.

Hope this helps.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    My 3 Ethnicities (African, Asian, and NA) are installed to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My Daz3D Library. At least they were, according to DIM. However, they were not showing when I opened DS4.6. I uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM and now they are showing up. I have no idea what happened to them, but now I'm okay.

Hope this helps.

Glad that worked for you. But here the Folder is not even Mapped for DAZ Studio to read. DAZ Studio is not seeing the files because the path is not listed as a content path. Mike is correct, the Path needs added as Both DAZ format and Poser format.
    edited August 2013

I'm not sure the paths are correct at all. Here is what is set up and I'm not sure is correct. And The other is WHAT should be set up if the folders do hold the same items.

daz_issue_05.png
    588 x 464 - 85K
    daz_issue_06.png
    588 x 464 - 139K
    edited August 2013

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'll give this a try!

Update: Adding the directory that matches my Manager works! Thanks for the feedback and support!

P.S. It would be awesome if Daz Studio had a warning or a way to check if the software's Content Directory doesn't match the Manager's directory.

Post edited by Teriander on
    edited August 2013

It is a known issue but in DAZ's defense it is in the DIM doc file. Happy your working now. Enjoy your rendering.

• How do I open the Content Directory Manager window? I couldn't find that anywhere. : P

Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager