Unassigned folder setup for new content

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Okay I have a question, not sure if this is the right spot, but figured you guys would be the best to ask!
When I make new textures/mats/shaders and then do the whole scan known directories for new content, they end up in the unassigned folder. Which is good, however, I noticed that others have managed to get their stuff in a nice subfolder with in it.
Am I saving to the wrong spot?

In theory what I want is something along the lines of: unassigned>shaders>Stars Awesome Shaders> files

Does this make sense?

Made a screen capture to show what I am getting currently.

Thanks!
Amy

unassigned.jpg
638 x 761 - 146K

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Unassigned is part of smart content. If there's no metadata defining a category, that's where they end up.

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

True, but when I download stuff from other people it comes in nice little folders in more or less the right spots. Such as eblanks shaders, they come in Genesis> Clothing> Pusey Designs>clothing item> eblank materials

How do I get it to do that?

Thanks!
    Amy

edited August 2013

That's the folder structure, which is separate from the categories. Just create a folder with the proper folder structure and place things as necessary. For instance, if you're creating mats for a Genesis shirt, you'd create the following folders, the next one inside the one before it. You would then place your materials inside the materials folder and zip up the whole thing at the My Library level.

My Library
    -People
    --Genesis
    ---Clothing
    ----Name of clothing
    -----Materials

If the mats are actually categorized inside of Categories > Default, then that would require creating metadata, and that I'm unsure of how to do since I don't use smart content at all.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Okay, but I need to save the file to the correct My Library folder to the first place, not just transfer it, to make sure it links correctly to the texture file?
    Thanks!
    Amy

edited December 1969

It doesn't matter where the preset is, as long as the texture file is in \Runtime\Textures\Somefoldername