Question for Stonemason

taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Why every I apart the camera on the urbanspwal2 the building seems to disapear? I thought it was the skydome, but I got invisible and it keeps same. I hope someone or stonemason can help me. Thanks!

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Do you mean in the preview screen or in renders?
    "Why every I apart the camera" may need to be further clarified...
    A screenshot of what you mean would really help to see what the problem is.
    Are you using Uber lighting? It has a dome to which can block out things in preview mode

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is very easy to find your camera inside a building in some of the sets. Just dolly your camera forward a bit and see if that is it. That would be Wheel back for a wheel mouse or magnifying glass and mouse back using the viewport icons.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited December 1969

Here are the screenshots, if I move away the camera, the buildings start to dissappear. I don't know if I'm using Uber lighting, could you explain me better?

Razor 42 said:
    Do you mean in the preview screen or in renders?
    "Why every I apart the camera" may need to be further clarified...
    A screenshot of what you mean would really help to see what the problem is.
    Are you using Uber lighting? It has a dome to which can block out things in preview mode
    2.png
    1366 x 768 - 975K
    1.png
    1366 x 768 - 1M
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It is very easy to find your camera inside a building in some of the sets. Just dolly your camera forward a bit and see if that is it. That would be Wheel back for a wheel mouse or magnifying glass and mouse back using the viewport icons.

I'd say this is your problem here. if you look at the second image you can see window frames in the view. You may need to delete/hide the building if you need that particular view.

I'm not sure why it appears like an object encroaching in the distance but I suspect this is whats causing the issue.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

Since you're using Poser, you won't be using Uber lighting. Uber lighting in DS is a light dome for ambient occlusion, indirect light (IDL in Poser), IBL, etc.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373
    edited December 1969

Select the Main Camera and increase your yon value to a higher number. The default value works for portraits but big scene need to increase the farclip.,

increaseyon.jpg
    896 x 575 - 69K
    edited December 1969

I'll try that, thank you for the advise! ;)

Select the Main Camera and increase your yon value to a higher number. The default value works for portraits but big scene need to increase the farclip.,
    edited December 1969

Hey! it worked! Thank you so much! :D

taiuri said:
    I'll try that, thank you for the advise! ;)

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Damn! Even I didn't realize that!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373
    edited August 2013

Damn! Even I didn't realize that!

Glad I could help offer a solution and pass on the info.

Post edited by FirstBastion on