G2 versus V6

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Will stuff (clothes, hair etc.) made for G2 work right away for G6, and/or vice versa?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I don't see why not. Genesis stuff works on V5.

Same technology, just different figures.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited December 1969

OK. I just see some new products which are for "G2 / V6", which might be interpreted as if you'll need both. I think it would be better just to say they're for G2 figures then if G2 stuff works for any G2 character (I presume?), to avoid any confusion.

edited August 2013

Well, in the past, if a Genesis clothing item specifically required a certain morph, it was because the clothing was modeled around that specific morph's shape, and not the default Genesis shape. Could be the same case.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Well, in the past, if a Genesis clothing item specifically required a certain morph, it was because the clothing was modeled around that specific morph's shape, and not the default Genesis shape. Could be the same case.

I thought autofit would take care of that (haven't worked much with DS/Genesis so far so I'm not much into all that stuff yet).

It seems to me that everything is getting more and more complex with all those different figures and versions and morphs, and addons to make one thing compatible with another. Thought Genesis was meant to make things simpler.

edited December 1969

It should still work just fine. If it doesn't, there's always asking for help here, or the 30 day return policy.

edited December 1969

Well, will give it a try then. Thanks! :)

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

It also depends on what type of product you're talking about. If it's clothing then it should work with little or no problems. If it's a character and it says it requires V6 you might want to check since it could be using the V6 UV map in which case you would need V6 installed.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Will stuff (clothes, hair etc.) made for G2 work right away for G6, and/or vice versa?
    G2 I assume means 'Genesis 2'. One thing to understand is that Victoria 6 is Genesis 2, Victoria 6 is merely a morph and texture set for the figure. They both use the same base figure mesh.

Any clothing, hair or geografts which work on Genesis 2 will function fine with Victoria 6. They are designed to automatically fit when applied and will follow any morphs or changes you make to the mesh. Even extreme ones such as the 'Growing up' morph pack from Zev0 can be blended with Victoria 6 morphs for unique and interesting figures.

However, if you do not own Victoria 6 then certain products which rely on her UV set will not function correctly. An example of this is the Sisters pack from Forbidden Whispers (made to work in tandem with Growing Up) which uses the V6 UV's and requires that you own Victoria 6 to use it. As far as I'm aware there are currently no morphs which rely on Victoria 6 being owned, so use those to your hearts content.