Z 24 Hour Bar - Environment with Poses for Genesis 3 and 8--Help!!

I recently picked up Z 24 Hour Bar - Environment with Poses for Genesis 3 and 8. I really liked what I saw on the page and the possibilities that could happen with this environment. My issue is that I cannot get any of the lighting to work unless I choose the daytime setting...and even then, when I do a render it comes out very grainy(even with extending the samples and the render time). When I do the night setting, it just stays pitch black. I followed the quick tips that comes with the bar scene but nothing worked at all. When I go to the lights in the scene menu, there is no opetion at all to control intensity of light and no way of turning it on. Same when I go to the surfaces menu. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to convert all of these objects to a different file type or something obvious that I just missed? I like his work so I don't want to knock him, but he states it should be ready to use "out of the box" everytime. I am not finding this to be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated....and also on a site note, is it usual to have grainy renders when doing an enclosed scene? Any scene I try that is fully enclosed it always comes out grainy despite the extended time I give it...yet, when I do a render with no scene or maybe a backdrop and floor only, the render comes out super smooth. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

Did you use the Z BAR ! B2 Night Time Environment Settings too.

• Fishtales

Yeah, I have that active as well but still nothing. My scene with that is just dark and nothing is lit. I don't know if I'm supposed to convert any items to an uber base or something but any light I go to, there is no options at all for turning up intensity or anything or something simple as to turn it on.....So I am unsure at what I am doing incorrectly.

• ArtRouladeArtRoulade Posts: 20

Perhaps an old problem but I could fixed it for me. You have to find all light panes and change their values in surfaces for cutout opacity from 0.0001 to 1. That should fix most light problems.