Is it just me or is the Daz Help Desk really slow to respond?

raindog308raindog308 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've opened several tickets over the last month, and at best it's 3 days to get a response, sometimes more.

Have a couple outstanding now from last week.

Not like the universe is going to end but...

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Requests get answered in the order that they are received. The biggest factor in the time it takes to respond is how many open tickets are ahead of you. I know the tech support team, and the sales support team very well (I used to be in tech support), and I can say that they do work hard to get everyone a timely response. Sometimes the number of help requests are so high that it just isn't possible to respond within 24 hours.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the response time is measured in business days. This means that if you submit a ticket on Friday it probably won't get looked at until Monday. The SLA response time is 2 business days, not counting the day the ticket was submitted. So if you submit on a Friday two business days would mean you can expect a response on Tuesday. Once again this is varies on the current open ticket count.

I'm not trying to make excuses, or say you are wrong in feeling that they are slow. I just hope that maybe knowing the ins and outs of tech support a little bit better might help you understand why it takes 3 days to get a response.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

For those not in industry, "SLA" refers to service level agreement. Its the expectation between the service organization and it's client.

• raindog308raindog308 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Another thing to keep in mind is that the response time is measured in business days. This means that if you submit a ticket on Friday it probably won't get looked at until Monday. The SLA response time is 2 business days, not counting the day the ticket was submitted.

I've never had a DAZ ticket answered in 2 business days. 3 is the best I've seen.

I work in IT as well and am familiar with help desks. Apparently, Daz is understaffed.

Sad thing is...I'm waiting to spend money with Daz, but can't until my PC is restored (not showing due to a bug).

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439
    edited December 1969

... And they've just started dumping all the bug reports into that same overworked system. Am I imagining things, or is this situation suboptimal?