Blurred backgrounds

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi!

I've seen quite a few renders with sharp foregrounds and blurred backgrounds. (More or less like IRL photograps) Now, is it possible to aquire this in DAZ, or will I have to be content with postworking? Been playing with various render settings and camera settings but no avail.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2013

Depth of Field should give you a blurred background, and it is available on Cameras.

There are a few things to switch on so that you can see what will be sharp and what will be blurred, but it is not that difficult to master. I think there are links on how to use it, I'll see what I can find for you.

This might help for a start : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3812/

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

It was the theme of one of the new user contests last year - there's links to tutorials and advice in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5084/

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Hi!

I've seen quite a few renders with sharp foregrounds and blurred backgrounds. (More or less like IRL photograps) Now, is it possible to aquire this in DAZ, or will I have to be content with postworking? Been playing with various render settings and camera settings but no avail.

make sure you render through a Camera for starters, and not perspective view,

in the Scene tab, select the camera go to parameters camera turn Depth of Field ON, change the F/stop from 22 to 4 and do a test render

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dave, that is the one I was looking for :-)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited August 2013

Thank you all! It seems to be working. Now I'll just have to make it look good too - but that's another story :)

Ah - the emots are back in town :) :-):lol::cheese::P

Post edited by Hera on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I'll give you a tip just in case also, select your camera in your scene tab, but go to either top view or perspective. MUCH easier when dealing with focal length and what's actually between the 2 focal planes.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Next tip: The X on the line through the two focal planes is the Camera Focus POINT exactly. Place it on the part to be CLEAR and in perfect focus.