Body Measurements

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

Trying to create a true to life body for a morph I'm making for Dawn. I'm kinda going by Marilyn Monroe's body measurements.

Her bust line was 37", Waist 23 1/2" and Hips 37 1/2"

Any idea how to create that in the digital world besides just eying it??

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54ZPD4mya2Q/TwehS3J_nKI/AAAAAAAACT8/g4CDSkhBBCg/s1600/marilynmamie.jpg

Comments

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited August 2013

Not sure if this is the kind of solution you are looking for, but you could set your reference image as the background, lock a camera to a space where your model is the both the correct physical height, and matches the height of the reference, either right in front of or next to marilyn, and sculpt/morph from there.

Editing to add pic - very hasty illustration on my part, but this general idea. I know you use Zbrush, but showing in DAZ since it works there too, can be helpful for anybody. Also works in blender, etc.

Screen_Shot_2013-08-21_at_11.56_.30_AM_.png
    660 x 680 - 268K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

Still basically eyeing it, of course. You'd need some sort of digital tape measure to get the length around otherwise, a tool for measuring edge loops maybe, and on these models, some of the loops wouldn't be in the right place. And even there I suspect there would be significant room for error in trying to nail down Marilyn's "true-to-life" measurements.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I can try that. I'm working in ZBrush so not sure how to load up a background image to use as a reference.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited August 2013

Start by getting her height right (five feet, five and a half inches) and the rest should be pretty straightforward with some decent reference images.

*edit* - just looked at your reference image, it's already got her height on it :red:

Post edited by Jabba on
    edited December 1969

It seems a little less straightforward in Zbrush, but see if this method does the trick:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?13250-background-image

edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the link. YAY! I'll give that a try right now!

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

RAM, another thing in ZBrush 4R5 and above is the See-Through mode. This is a slider located in the upper right near the Close button. Slide this and your desktop will show through with varied opacity. Just put your picture on your desktop and use this feature.

As for getting the measurements, you could create a subtool that has those measurements, basically a geometric hourglass, then append it to your figure. You can then use ZBrush brushes to move the waist and hips, breasts, etc. to closely match up with the dummy. I would probably make the dummy in another modeler that actually lets you enter measurements, but there you go.

edited December 1969

Yea, I've not worked with appending and making a shape of what ever is in the main viewport fit. I'm not fully understanding what your saying to me about that truth be told. I know all about the MT's and I love that feature as it allows me to correct things quickly if I mess up (say I forget to mask the inner mouth and use the Move brush... ooops. MT to the rescue. :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

I asked a PA for a Morph set to do this very thing. Select the figure and Scale to a Real World size Like 36 C 24 36. Pretty much got told stuff does it already. Never found the stuff yet.

Stuff Close yes, but not Morph dials for DS and Genesis.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,737
    edited December 1969

I think this tool is for this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/universal-sizing-apparatus-woman/100084/

(if it's allowed to link to it?)

edited December 1969

AWESOME and it's even for DAZ Studio! WOOT!

edited December 1969

Whoa that is pretty neat. There is a digital tape measure after all!