OT-Amazing 3D Portrait

StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just came across this as it is a daily deviation on DA.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/I-AM-THE-DANGER-Walter-White-portrait-356476390

An amazing example of what the medium of 3D portraiture is capable of.

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Just came across this as it is a daily deviation on DA.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/I-AM-THE-DANGER-Walter-White-portrait-356476390

An amazing example of what the medium of 3D portraiture is capable of.

that's an uncanny likeness.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDQ goes belly up, disappears; it ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to so let me clue you in. I am not in danger Skyler. I AM THE DANGER. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No, I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!"

Storypilot you have no idea how happy your post made me.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    "Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDQ goes belly up, disappears; it ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to so let me clue you in. I am not in danger Skyler. I AM THE DANGER. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No, I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!"

if the Gettysburg Address could roll up on a fool and kick them to the curb it would be that speech.
    I'm going to be bummed six weeks from now when they wrap this up.
    Next question; what is mudbox and can I make morph targets that look like that?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I don't have cable so I have to wait for the Mondays to watch the new episodes on amazon. I'm thinking of changing the forums TOS to strictly outlaw Breaking Bad spoilers. I'm with you though, it is going to be tough for Breaking Bad to end, but I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Back to mudbox. It is an application by Autodesk. It is used for sculpting mainly. You should be able to use it to make morphs for any figure in Studio. You can then use Morph Loader to create the actual dial. I'm not too familiar with mudbox, but I've heard awesome things about it.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

if the Gettysburg Address could roll up on a fool and kick them to the curb it would be that speech.

Mudbox is an Autodesk product similar to Zbrush, goes for around $800

And absolutely.... a brilliant monologue on an amazing show.

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    I'm thinking of changing the forums TOS to strictly outlaw Breaking Bad spoilers. I'm with you though, it is going to be tough for Breaking Bad to end, but I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I would support this! Lol. My wife and I have been catching up on Netflix, and are almost caught up, we didn't quite make our goal of being current when the season started, but we are simultaneously DVRing the new episodes to watch once we get there.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,411
    edited August 2013

DAZ_jared said:

Mudbox is an Autodesk product similar to Zbrush, goes for around $800

And absolutely.... a brilliant monologue on an amazing show.

We use Mudbox and the possibilities are endless when it comes to texturing and map creation. We also use Cinema 4D with its Bodypaint plugin

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

I found a thread on how Marko Ivanovic created the 3D model and image: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=114931

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

I found a thread on how Marko Ivanovic created the 3D model and image: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=114931

Ooh, great find, Lindsey!