Using FaceGen with Genesis I

jpy1976jpy1976 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

What exactly is Genesis I? It doesn't seem to be a real character (like V4 or A3). When I imported it in, it wasn't a real character. But I need to get something real going so I can export faces from FaceGen. Am I doing something wrong (unzipped files to the wrong folder of Daz Studio or something?).

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,074
    edited December 1969

What do you mean? It should load a grey, sexless figure that can be made male or female (or child) with morphs.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

Genesis is a base model that can be "molded" into whatever within the constraints of its geometry. Products like V4 are gender specific much like Genesis 2. So if you have a product that can change genesis to whatever, such as Michael 5, David 5, Victoria 5, or Aiko 5 you could use the sliders to morph genesis or use shapes files that come with a specific product, much like the shape and insert/remove files with many various products for Victoria 4.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869
    edited December 1969

Singular Inversions also make a specific facegen exporter that works with Genesis using the free version of their software.
    I have it, it adds morphs to the character.
    I believe if you own the pro version of their software you can load facegen faces on any mesh using it (facegen).
    That would work via morph loader which people use to create their own morphs in programs like Zbrush and Blender.

• jpy1976jpy1976 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can I buy the genesis morphs? Are some free somewhere?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited August 2013

...this bundle includes the base Genesis Evolution Morphs (head and body) along with a few extras for about the same price as just the morphs alone.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-starter-bundle

DieTrying also has a freebie morph set for Genesis (182 morphs) over on ShareCG

Post edited by kyoto kid on