Sci-Fi City Kit and Sci-Fi City Kit: Delta City

Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
edited August 2013 in The Commons

I've been looking at those two products a little, and I have couple of questions...

When reading the Delta City product description, this stands out for me.....

There is plenty of sci-fi POV inside this product. This product does not include lights and light domes.

... The first part of it, gives me the impression that we can get inside the houses. But none of the promo shots shows an indoors area at all, so I was wondering if I have simply missunderstood that?

... The other part, about lights and light domes, makes me wonder if that is included in the City Kit. The what's included feature doesn't say anything about light domes, it does mention 6 light presets that is for poser only... so I kinda wonder what those Light Domes are, and also if there is even a light set up included in the City Kit for Daz?

copied from What's Included on City Kit's product page :

Scifi City Kit (.PP2 and .OBJ)

Pre-Scaled For Poser Human Figures

6 Lights Textures With Integrated Luminance (Poser only)

Moving Parts With Simple Dials:

5 Street Roads

2 Walls

2 Passages

Multiple Street Lamps

2 Multi-part Buildings

Post edited by Carola O on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

This set looks exciting. :)

for the sky dome, i would prolly use the one that came with Urban Sprawl2

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited August 2013

I will be buying this later today, so I will be able to confirm later...

...but reading between the lines (and fairly certain English is not native language of the PA), I'd say there are no interiors and no sky dome or lights - the Poser lights are light emitting surfaces on the model as per night shot in promos

**edit** forgot to say... "plenty of sci-fi POV inside this product" probably means lots of cool sci-fi camera shots possible within the city build preset rather than inside the actual buildings.

Post edited by Jabba on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

I love his work. I'm curious how it looks in DAZ. If anyone buys it, let me know. I might pick it up. Also looks like 40% off his store

• KibarretoKibarreto Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

...but reading between the lines (and fairly certain English is not native language of the PA), I'd say there are no interiors and no sky dome or lights - the Poser lights are light emitting surfaces on the model as per night shot in promos

**edit** forgot to say... "plenty of sci-fi POV inside this product" probably means lots of cool sci-fi camera shots possible within the city build preset rather than inside the actual buildings.

The quote is right.
    There are no interiors in the actual buildings.
    There are no lights/sky dome lights files in these products. Any sky dome light in the market should work well. The model have 6 lights (luminance) TEXTURES and they work in Daz studio as well. Both products are Poser and Daz studio compatible.

edited December 1969

Ah cool, kibarreto already confirmed.

Here a couple of test renders in DAZ Studio 4.6 - the black sky is simply one distant light and UberEnvironment 2, the other is the same camera angle but scene done using LDP-R...

Sci-Fi_City_Test.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 733K
    UE2_and_distant_light.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 964K
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited December 1969

Well first off I purchased this sucker as its great, as usual Kibarreto has stuck to a consistant style which is the strongest selling point for me.
    At a glance you can tell Kibarreto's Ships, vehicles & buildings all come from the same world.

My one gripe is that this is more of a Sci Fi Village kit rather than a city as the buildings are small even when stacked high they look small.
    They look like the top penthouse but the main building below it is just not there.

Maybe in the future some skyscraper sized components to beef it up?
    I'd definetly buy that.

BUT gripe aside this is great.

edited December 1969

The idea was to make this set the base and starting point of a sequel of sci-fi streets elements and buildings. First I wanted to measure its acceptance to know if I'll go with the second stage: floating roads, bigger/wider buildings and landing pods. It will expand.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Does 'prescaled for Poser human figures' mean that it needs to be scaled down to about 90% for DAZ3D human figures? I'm always confused on this point. It's less important, perhaps in an exterior set.

edited December 1969

Yes, in an exterior set like this it doesn't make any difference really.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

kibarreto said:
    Jabba101 said:

The quote is right.
    There are no interiors in the actual buildings.
    There are no lights/sky dome lights files in these products. Any sky dome light in the market should work well. The model have 6 lights (luminance) TEXTURES and they work in Daz studio as well. Both products are Poser and Daz studio compatible.

Thanks everyone for the answers :) and Kibarreto. If those light textures things work in both Daz and Poser, you might want to make sure it does not say Poser Only behind that particulary line :)

It do look great, but I personally don't render enough sci fi at the moment so it is a product that will have to wait for me i'm afraid. But it probably will end up in my runtime in the future sometime :)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,360
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

Can't check right now, but I can confirm the windows are separate mat zones, but not so sure about other bits (ambient lighting possibly a lightmap instead of separate mat zones).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i luv the balconies :)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,360
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Can't check right now, but I can confirm the windows are separate mat zones, but not so sure about other bits (ambient lighting possibly a lightmap instead of separate mat zones).

Having the windows alone as separate mat zones is reason enough to buy for me. :-)

Thank you for confirming!

Will add the Sci-Fi City Kit to the cart tomorrow. Now allready have an idea how to use it...