[SOLVED] How to Load a scene I just bought (DAZ ZenDesk support doesn't work at all)

Avalon999Avalon999 Posts: 43
edited September 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, I am sorry if I this kind of 'silly' question here; I tried to contact the tech support several times through zendesk but once I filled all fields and clicked submit an error green page appeared saying: 'Ops something went wrong', very frustrating...

Anyway, I just bougth this product (The Monastery): http://www.daz3d.com/the-monastery and installed it through DAZ Install Manager. Installation went successfully and everything seemed to be ok but now I cannot understand how loading the whole scene into DAZ.
I took a look at the files into the various diirectories and found . dsa, obj's separated objects, template files but nothing more. I am a newbie on DAZ but I can load charachters, clothes, hair, textures, edit and pose figures and many other operations but, since this is the first time I buy a whole scene, I would need a little help to understand how to load it (which is the file I have to load I mean).

I hope someone will reply and help me on this matter. I

Thank you
Maurizio

p.s. I am going to import OBJ's one by one and apply the related textures on each one but it would be nice if I coul find the way to load the monastery already assembled :-)

Post edited by Avalon999 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

As this is a CR2 and PP2 format you should find it under Poser Formats, The main part in figures and additional parts as props.

Folder would be P3DA_Monastery

it should have DS mats under DAZ Studio formats (presumably a separate installer)

So DS users would need to run both installers, with the model under Poser formats and then mats under DAZ Studio formats.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Avalon999Avalon999 Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Hey admin, thank you for your reply.
    Actualy the installer ran automatically with DAZ 3DIM. Anyway I manually decompressed the zip file and found that all files have been installed correctly (at least I think so)

In My Library/Runtime/Geometries/P3DA directory: there are all the OBJ's.
    In My Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/P3DDA_Monastery: there are Monastery.cr2 and Plants.cr2
    In My Library/Runtime/Librairies/Props: there are all the pp2 files
    (+ all camera and settings files into related folders).

In My Library/Props/Predatron/The Monastery: there are all .dsa and .png files (the only ones I have access from within DAZ)

Now I guess that the scene file is The Monastery.cr2 but the problem is: how can I access to this file from within DAZ and launch the whole scene? All directories are visible except of the Runtime one.
    What I did until now has been to import one by one all obiects from .../Geometries/P3DA and apply to them the related textures grabbed from Library/Props/Predatron/The Monastery directory but in this case I have to manually potision all single elements to assemble the whole scene.

Thank you again.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@Avalon999, in addition to importing content via File > Import, you can also access content more easily from the Content Library pane (or Smart Content pane).
    I don't have that specific product so I can't show you exactly where to look, but here's a screenshot showing what I see in the Content Library pane if I look in the Poser Formats view for the product "GIS Orion". The exact folder and filenames will differ from product to product, but in this case I found "!Pre_Orion.cr2" which (based on the "pre_" in the name is probably a preloaded scene containing all of the individual elements arranged together.
    Note that in the Content Library pane there are several different ways of viewing the same content. You could probably also find your content by looking under the "Products" category for the product name in alphabetical order, and buried somewhere within the "Categories > Default" category pre-categorized within default category names, or in the special Categories > Default > Unassigned category.

screenshot,_content_library.png
    772 x 633 - 157K
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much Sean!!! I cannot see the directory from the Content Pane (I already tried it) but the simpliest way is to import the .cr2 via FIle Import as you suggested.

Again, thank you very much!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

If the CR2 imports without error then the content paths must be right - could you post a screenshot of your Content Library pane, please.

edited September 2013

Hello, here is the content Library Pane scrennshot as your equired.

Now I am encountering one more problem: I just bought 'The enchanted terrace' http://www.daz3d.com/enchanted-terrace , downloaded it through DAZ3DIM but I am unable to find the files. If I try to re-download the product I get a download error from DAZ3DIM.
    Actually my workflow is the following: I upload/import scene/objects/characters to DAZ 3, then I textue/pose them and finally I export as OBJ and import in Vue 11 where I build and render my while scenes. Every aspect of the process is ok apart the fact that sometime I am unable to find what I downloaded through DAZ3DIM as in this case.

Any help will be appreciated as usual :-) Hey Admin, if needed because of the forum rules I can open a new topic.

Thank you!

[UPDATE] For some reasons the first DAZ3DIM download failed. I did try again after 20 mins and then it worked. I fould the .cr2 files into My LIbrary/Runtime/Libraries/Character/ART_Enchanted_Terrace and the separate obj's into My LIbrary/Runtime/Geometries/ARTCollab/Balustrade so as yesterday I imported scenes and objects into DAZ, saved them (textures included) as obj and imported into Vue 11. Perfect! The only thing I do not understand is why I do not have access to the file directly from the Content Pane as happens wth other characters I installed manually. For Example I bought Realm Arts Jesus, installed all files manually into DAZ and everything works like a charm (poses, Clothing, hair and beard included). It looks like something is not working with DAZ3DIM automatic installer...

content_library_pane.jpg
    818 x 958 - 59K
    Post edited by Avalon999 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

That looks OK, though since it's the DAZ Studio Formats list you won't see Poser items like Enchanted terrace there - they will be in the Poser Formats list. If you haven't altered the seetings items install with DIM will appear in the My DAZ 3D Library folder, not the My Library folder.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Umm... 4 Daz Libraries? This looks very not right. Daz Studio 4+ creates a My Library in my Documents, The DIM creates a My DAZ 3D Library in the User/Public/Documents and It looks like you have created Hand made ones for yourself. DAZ Studio only Needs one Content folder unless you want more. Here is a Screen shot of How my Content is set up for DIM and I have ALL my content installed into this one folder for DS4+.

EDIT: And yes Richard is correct Poser files will only Show in the Poser Format section in any library you have listed.

Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    Post edited by Jaderail on