CARRARATORS

2»

Comments

• Rich GellesRich Gelles Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

DUDU --you must be very motivated I see you working hard over at Carrarators with the bouncing ball challenge. Smiles.

and BTW folks anyone interested in animation with Carrara should take a peek at

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#

and see whats going on there---its a place specificially for animation in and with Carrara ---and its just starting up so its a small group so far who are participating but everyone is super friendly and helpful. Its really about 2 things ---making animations and learning how to do better making animations with the emphasis on learning and helping each other out. Its good stuff.
    Its run and created by 0oseven so check it out.

Rich

forget to add --you have to register to see and use the forum with leflora which is an extra step then most but its how he has it setup right now. Other than that the forums are pretty easy to use and easy to link videos from youtube etc.

Post edited by Rich Gelles on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    edited December 1969

I had no problem in setting up an account at Carrarators but is there a trick to setting up an account for the forums? I've tried four times now and each time it just brings me back to the account creation page without any sort of feedback as to why it goes back to that page.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Apologies for bringing this up here - I have registered and looked all over - can't find the bouncing ball challenge?.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

It's in it's own forum section, called 'Competitions' inside of 'Introduction'

I don't know if this link will work or not, but this is what shows for me:

http://carrarators.lefora.com/forums/89/Introduction#.UlZAtj_4JDQ

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

I'm failing at the first hurdle (ok 2nd hurdle - I'm creating animation how to videos on youtube regularly).

I'm recognized at the password reset stage, but then the email address is not recognized at sign-in?!

ooseven or anyone, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

For those having issues signing into the forums. The Firefox browser works a lot better than Internet Explorer so if IE is your browser this may be your issue. I know I have had to reset my password to make it work. It is a little frustrating and I heard that 0oseven is looking at other forum hosting options.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    edited December 1969

mmoir said:
    For those having issues signing into the forums. The Firefox browser works a lot better than Internet Explorer so if IE is your browser this may be your issue. I know I have had to reset my password to make it work. It is a little frustrating and I heard that 0oseven is looking at other forum hosting options.

That's good to know, thanks for that. I'll wait til the forum host is final

edited December 1969

Sci Fi Funk-

I am not sure I get the question ---it seems you are trying to link a video from you tube and its giving you a dialog box that does not reconize your email? . It is a little odd over there as you have to sign up the forum with leflora maybe you did not do this step? I know Ooseven who runs that site indicated he was looking for an alternative forum engine.

rich

edited December 1969

add: Sci Fi Funk --I also noticed that when you signed up you use a username and thats the name you use when you want to make a posting in the forum. The dialog box askes for your username which is different than your email.
    Anyhow I hope you figure it out. It is a little wonky.

rich

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks jon - the link worked:)

Interesting stuff - may it go from strength tho strength!

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

add: Sci Fi Funk --I also noticed that when you signed up you use a username and thats the name you use when you want to make a posting in the forum. The dialog box askes for your username which is different than your email.
    Anyhow I hope you figure it out. It is a little wonky.

rich

Thanks Rich,

I'll have have another try. Thanks for your replies. atm I just want to sign in. Posting can come later.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

My sincere apologies for all you guys having forum problems - it has been an issue and behind the scenes I've been working hard on it. .

It is expected to have a NEW FORUM very soon - one that is much better !. A couple of CarrarTors checking it out for me now so providing not too many issues I hope we can make it the official forum very soon.

Thanks for your patience - I know it is frustrating but appreciate.your hanging in there.

cheers

edited December 1969

Yes 0oseven --thanks for you continued efforts on the site. And i think the new forum will be a big plus

There was a second animation challenge posted on the old forum of "spinning " and object or figure which I think we will move the due time up once the new forum is up and running. But anyone who want to join in the fun you can work on and share your animation of a spinning object or figure ----once we get the new forum up.

These weekly challenges are just about learning and practicing, No real rules. No prizes. Just a kind of show and tell about your animation. And really all skill levels are encouraged try. ---our first weekly challenge we had was "bouncing a ball" and we had a very nice number of folks particpating. And a number of folks even posted some short tutorials -----so it was great for everyone.

Rich

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Wow!
    Carrarators site for Carrara animation enthusiasts has really come a long way since my last visit... and I loved it then!

Checking out mmoir's latest video tutorial from the site's "Tutorials" > "How Tos" section, I did a quick (I have so little time these days :down: ) peruse through that tutorials section, only to find that there has been a lot going on there! I will definitely try to visit there a lot more often, and hope to contribute to it as soon as I sort out how to get more Carrara time, which is a difficult fight right now. My poor workstation... it must be pretty upset with me right now....

I love the layout. Double O Seven has certainly put a lot of effort into making the place a fun, movie-inspired hangout for Carrara artists to gather, so we can learn and share together... enjoy a nice movie... what a blast!

Bravo, 0oSeven and the whole Carrarators Team!!!

edited December 2014

Dartenbeck - Thanks for the blast - We at CarraraTors would certainly welcome your active participation and look forward to it soon.- as an Animator, it's ideal for you ! - and bring a few mates,

Just to mention that most of the above refers to the old forum - A NEW forum was introduced earlier this year which works well ( most of the time LOL) 3d life aint meant to be easy !

Forum and Website work best with Google Chrome Browser

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited December 1969

I just have to chime in on CarraraTors. I LOVE THIS SITE!
    Since I started using Carrara, they have been very friendly and an valuable source for animating knowledge. OOseven has given the Carrara community a great place to discuss and learn new animation ideas.
    If you haven't checked it out, you owe it to yourself to sign up. :)

edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    Just to mention that most of the above refers to the old forum - A NEW forum was introduced earlier this year which works well ( most of the time LOL) 3d life aint meant to be easy !
    Oh... Right!
    I suppose I could (should) have started a new thread, eh? Sorry about that! I used this one because of the title: CARRARATORS!

FYI to others:
    This thread began back when we were first testing the very beginnings of the new site, and 0oseven was still making various decisions on stuff, and so on...

Hop on in and have some fun, It's a great site!

edited December 1969

joeping said:
    I just have to chime in on CarraraTors. I LOVE THIS SITE!
    Since I started using Carrara, they have been very friendly and an valuable source for animating knowledge. OOseven has given the Carrara community a great place to discuss and learn new animation ideas.
    If you haven't checked it out, you owe it to yourself to sign up. :)
    Ditto, with one very small exception, being that I was already animating in Carrara before the site was available. Aside from that... absolute ditto! :)
    edited December 1969

DARTENBECK - Picking up on your comment about a new thread - I started one "What is CarraTors'

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50679/

As many earlier posts here refer to old forum problems which might confuse newbies I thought it best to copy your and other's comments to a new thread and trust everyone is ok with that . I have referenced this thread anyway.

Thanks Dart for inspiring me to do a little promotion - a lot of work goes in behind the scenes so it is gratifying to know it provides something good for the community.