CARRARATORS

DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Why the site "Carrarators " of Mike doesn't start ?
Do you think that it makes dual employment with Carraracafé?

Comments

• Rich GellesRich Gelles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think he is still tweaking some things but most of it is completed but not sure why its down or not working. Being a niche site directed to animations specifically I thought it could have stood on its own ?

rich

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

link is working -
    http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

It is sure, the link functions!
    But why does nobody take part?

edited December 1969

It is sure, the link functions!
    But why does nobody take part?

its only been up for what 2 or 3 days .
    some sites take time to get going .

edited December 1969

There are 5172 visits and only 8 registered peoples…
    I am sure that the great majority of visitors are members of Carraracafé!
    It is for that I put this question…:roll:

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I just registered, didn't know about this site before now. I don't yet do animations, but I'm hoping to tackle animation in the future, looks like there's already a lot of great tutorials collected there. Thanks for the heads up!

edited December 1969

Caution!
    I received a blow on the head when my wife saw me on the homepage full of beautiful women !

edited December 1969

DuDU--- I think this is when you tell her that they cannot compare to her. ---smiles

Anyhow --glad it is up and running when i looked earlier it was not. I think it can prove useful to the animators here and or those wanting to learn more --just needs to get "out there" a little and get some participation going.

Rich

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No competition. :) More Carrara sites means more Carrara sites.
    I'm still trying to maintain my own fansite, as well as trying to update Cafe's social features....

If anyone wants to write "official" ;) articles for Cafe, please jump in! I will set you up as an author/editor and you can write articles or take over some topics in the "blog" part of the site which I don't have time for and the other authors also seem busy recently.... It's a community site! It doesn't work without community input! And I think it's ok to develop a project on your own site first, so you can control it and grow it how you see fit, then "donate it" to Cafe.... No reason to feel any competition! Offer what you can. Jump in on what you think is lacking or a topic you know! And keep a link back to your own site so we can cross-build more community!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Time I jumped in -

Thankyou Dudu for making posts in Carrarators and here in the Carrara forum and for trying to move things along.

Officially the web address has not been made public yet so I haven't expected much activity but as it was mentioned above, maybe a few more people will take interest. However it will take time to gather a following.

Anway I'm glad to see this discussion going on because it will alert folks to what we are trying to achieve here.

Carrarators differs from the other " forums "simply because it is not just a forum and aims to be a resource for animating and making movies with Carrara and therefore is stand alone.

Apologies to those who had trouble accessing the site because of the web address change.

I'm busy reviewing other options for a better forum at the moment which is so important if our animators are going to communicate - did I hear someone say "even collaborate" ?. Yes that's what is hoped. We'll get there eventually as long as we have people like dudu to spur me on !!!

cheers
    Chief CarraraTor:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Dudu - that visitor count of 5172 is generated by Lefora and I believe would be from people surfing the LeFora site . This is one of the reasons for wanting to make a change.
    cheers

edited December 1969

0oseven said:

Dudu - that visitor count of 5172 is generated by Lefora and I believe would be from people surfing the LeFora site . This is one of the reasons for wanting to make a change.
    cheers

you will get a lot of hits from spam people also - I have seen 10 or more per min. on some sites .

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

0oseven,
    It is good to see an animation site for Carrara , I hope this site takes off.
    Mike

edited December 1969

I agree Mike .......And work on animation skills is always tough work so any help for all would be great. (and we will never get some movie project off the ground until a group of folks who like this stuff buy in and start practicing and learning more. Always the optimist I do hope we can restart that idea.)

Rich

edited December 1969

Rich,
    I do hope another idea like the carrara movie project gets started but I think we should start off very simple. Maybe starting threads creating very basic animation collaborations and build up from there.

I agree Mike .......And work on animation skills is always tough work so any help for all would be great. (and we will never get some movie project off the ground until a group of folks who like this stuff buy in and start practicing and learning more. Always the optimist I do hope we can restart that idea.)

Rich

edited October 2013

I am therefore!
    Why each participant wouldn't it build his own character and/or object then we would decide for a small scenario together ?
    A simple thing at the beginning for training !
    But all should be' organized on the Carrarators site...

Post edited by DUDU on
    edited December 1969

Mike ---
    I agree as well about smaller beginning / practice scenes/shorts . I always thought one thing that seems reasonably sensible is that even with "practice" shorts to create props of the sort that could be used sometime in down the road in a even bigger practice or longer short. This way a lot of the time spent practicing could have some real benefits in the future by saving some time.

It would be same for animations made as a lot of that work saved to be reused.

In a perfect world you would have a grand idea in the back of everyones mind so things made for sure would be reused but even a lot of generic items have a place sometime. Think huge Hollywood back lots . Smiles.

DUDU_00001 - It would be ideal if everyone would make their own character and maybe that would be a grand goal but realistically not many folks have that current skill level. Now that said for sure a lot of training is in order and getting folks to learn more of all things animation in Carrara is the idea for sure.

And yes -----using the Carrarators site is best and O0seven --had indicate he would put aside a small place for a group type project work.

Rich

edited December 1969

Hey,
    I am going to sign up to the Carrarators site and maybe start a thread there. Something very simple like "animate a bouncing ball" , actually this is something I haven't done and I think people wouldn't be intimidated by it ..... Maybe have a weekly animation challenge. Off to sign up .

Mike

edited December 1969

O0seven,
    I just signed up to the Carrarators site but I can't start a thread . I was hoping to start something like a weekly animation challenge, with the first one being " bouncing ball" . I am guessing there are still a few kinks to be worked out with the site or should I be able to start a thread like this.
    Mike

edited December 1969

Mike,
    I would have thought you could just start a thread. I am sure Ooseven will see this thread and respond or help you. I can look tomorrow for his response and or yours and if I see nothing I can email him directly because it would be nice to have a weekly animation challenge going.

Rich

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I'm game as well.
    I must say, however; I've been having a hard time making it to this forum as much as I'd like to, and I'd really like to have some stuff here. But perhaps it would be best to jam out on animation related info there, and supply links to them here. I can't wait to see the difference in how we can host our posts. Holly has done an amazing job at the Cafe, so I'd love to start hosting some things there. I've recently acquired three DCG shader plugins, as well as the whole Advance Pack of Inagoni's plugins - and am anxious to get down and dirty with those and my Fenric plugins (plus others, like Sparrowhawke, Frederic Rible, zgock and such) so plus I have other tutorial plans in the works. Maybe it will work out where we'll have a whole circle of sites for hosting Carraratics. Looking forward to trying.

0oSeven, I'm eager to see how this all takes shape. It looks like you still have some ideas in motion for how to perfect this place. Looks cool and I hope it works out! ;)

edited December 1969

Yes, I think that this site should be a kind of school of Carrara animation and must keep close links with Carraracafé.
    What I like in this site, and I excuse me to say it, it is that there is not behind, a business firm which pushes its products, which does not prevent from using them if necessary.
    Carraracafé is very interesting but it is difficult to find what refers only to animation.
    I am sure that they will be complementary, as other sites which are not dedicated to Carrara only.
    I delighted to take part in the first "Bouncing balls" challenge !

edited December 1969

I like the idea of thought for school of Carrara animation and really I check base in a number of forums each evening when I have time --so I really think there can be three successful sites. Especially if one is so specifically focused. Each has a kind of purpose.

Smiles.

Rich

edited December 1969

I posted a few old clips I did with Carrara on the Carrarators site in the forums just to help get things going and give it some support. I hope to get going making more and better ones.

Smiles
    Rich
    http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators

edited December 1969

The first animation's challenge having for topic “Bouncing balls” starts today!
    It is easy, registers you and takes part!

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!forum/cl3g

edited December 1969

Hi everyone
    I'm gratified to see the enthusiasm growing !
    From small seeds large oak trees grow!
    We are still a small seed struggling to get roots down just now .

I like that comparison or description " a school of " Carrara" animation It fits very well with my aim.
    I am spending a lot of time on this ( behind the scenes) so thankyou very much to everybody - it only becomes worth it with your interest and support.

For any newcomers please be aware the site is best viewed with Firefox browser.

cheers

edited December 1969

Yes - 0oseven -- animation is a large and sometimes difficult beast to conquer so having a "school" to sharpen ones skills is very welcomed. I see on the site we already have some bouncing balls entries over there --so have to get working on one myself.

Rich

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Hey! I just went over and explored this new site a bit. One of my videos is there. That was a surprise. And fun to watch again. I haven't seen it in a while. It's not professional, but I remember having a great time working on it. It took me four months to get it done. I wish I'd have had six or more months, maybe then it would have been better.

Anyway, Cool site. :)

edited December 1969

Smiles ---yes booksbydavid, we all wish we put more time into all our projects. Such is the time constraints we play with. I also feel same way but one thing right now I am pretty energized by a lot of things going on in the Carrara world-------- and Carrarators site and the CarraraCafe Site are two good examples. Having a site solely focused on animations ---really has me enthused and making me refocus and redirect my energies once again back into Carrara animating.

rich

edited December 1969

Booksbydavid, your film is terribly well made!
    There are a lot of lessons to draw some.
    Thanks for motivating us to carry out the same way as you in the training of CARRARA!