Did anyone else have problems with wrong prices being charged Nov 3, 2013 ?

TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Nov 3, 2013 I bought a number of fine items that were on sale. Prices like .99 and 1.99 but when I checked out instead of the
31.00 I was expecting - the charge was 310.00. (I am guessing at the exact prices) Instead of the sale price it charged me full prices as if I were not a platium club member. I immediately contacted DAZ3d and Britney said there was some sort of ticket mishap.
I said ok and asked when I could get my issue resolved and I never heard back from Britney or anyone else. So I started a new message thinking I was forgotten due to all the turmoil over this ticket mishap and I got the standard reply but no help. Now I am in the third day of waiting. I just want to know how much longer before I get some help?

Did anyone else have problems with wrong prices being charged Nov 3, 2013 ?

And do you know anything about the ticket mishap that Britney told me about. I don't understand what she meant by that and she
or anyone else is not responding to my pleas for help or for information.

Tabbycat

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear about that- that's quite a mixup!
    Apparently Zendesk shut down and the system came back but there is either a backlog or tickets were lost. There are stickies about it- always look at the top of the forums as the most important news is posted there. Put in another ticket if you haven't heard anything by the 4th day, because if you have 31.00 vs 310.00 that's a big boo boo. For smaller stuff, I could wait another day, but that's quite large.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
    edited December 1969

Yah...dang... that's a major mixup. This is why they should have a phone number for big things like this. :( Hopefully a mod will see this and flag it for you!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

They Did and it was.

• TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail for your help with this.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

I was hoping to find someone else that this happened to and see if they got stuff corrected or not.

Well today is the 4th day so I will post another message to the powers that be and hopefully I can
    get this resolved today.

If this same thing happened to you please reply to this thread. MIsery loves company you know, lol.

Tabbycat

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

tabbycat said:
    If this same thing happened to you please reply to this thread. MIsery loves company you know, lol.

You are not alone. I've had the same experience twice.

The first time was during the Victorian category sale. I bought 10 items at 99 cents each, which should have been $9.90. After I clicked the place order button, then looked at my invoice, it had changed to $130.50. I was being charged the full non-PC price for everything. I put in a ticket, but unfortunately it was one of the ones their system lost and marked as closed. I re-activated it and they did credit me.

The second time was two days ago, on the 5th, with the Ranger outfit discount. Just as before, the price was right until after I clicked place order and looked at the invoice. This time, it listed the full non-PC, non-new item price ($39.95) and calculated the 50% discount from that, so the final price was $19.97 instead of $9.79. I submitted a ticket, but no action so far. Good luck with yours.

edited December 1969

lcfar said:
    tabbycat said:

You are not alone. I've had the same experience twice.

The first time was during the Victorian category sale. I bought 10 items at 99 cents each, which should have been $9.90. After I clicked the place order button, then looked at my invoice, it had changed to $130.50. I was being charged the full non-PC price for everything. I put in a ticket, but unfortunately it was one of the ones their system lost and marked as closed. I re-activated it and they did credit me.

The second time was two days ago, on the 5th, with the Ranger outfit discount. Just as before, the price was right until after I clicked place order and looked at the invoice. This time, it listed the full non-PC, non-new item price ($39.95) and calculated the 50% discount from that, so the final price was $19.97 instead of $9.79. I submitted a ticket, but no action so far. Good luck with yours.

Oh thank you so much for replying. I am so glad not to be alone in this !!!!

All of my messages right now are being ignored, or I get sent that auto reply with no further help in sight.

I do feel bad for Britney as I am sure she is overwhelmed with that lost ticket thing, but geez, this whole thing has made me
    really insecure to buy anything more on DAZ. It feels like bait and switch to me.

Tabbycat

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I don't know which is scarier. That the website is giving one price until after checkout, or that the overcharge isn't being resolved and refunded immediately. While we all want our tickets handled immediately, I'd consider an overcharge like these more important than me getting a refund on a $10 item I decided I didn't like or didn't work as I expected. First come, first served isn't always the right way to resolve problems. Here at work, a ticket is prioritized depending on severity of the problem, and only within those priorities, is it first come, first served.

Part of the reason I always put all the invoice information into my purchased spreadsheet and check the Excel calculated price against the Invoice price is to ensure that something didn't go wonky in the checkout process. Not that it would prevent the overcharge, but at least, I'd be able to catch it in time to move money from savings to checking and thus prevent problems and overcharges with my bank account. Depending on when something like that happened in a month, a difference of $100 between what I expected to be charged and what I was actually charged would cause all kinds of headaches. Billpay doesn't issue a check if there isn't enough money in my checking account to cover it, and overdraft protection isn't going to cover everything if the whole thing snowballs. Which it can very quickly with the cost of living so high.

I hope you both get this resolved soon, and I really hope that the problem causing the wrong prices to be charges AFTER placing the order is resolved quickly. That's a rather serious glitch in the store.

edited December 1969

I don't know which is scarier. That the website is giving one price until after checkout, or that the overcharge isn't being resolved and refunded immediately. While we all want our tickets handled immediately, I'd consider an overcharge like these more important than me getting a refund on a $10 item I decided I didn't like or didn't work as I expected. First come, first served isn't always the right way to resolve problems. Here at work, a ticket is prioritized depending on severity of the problem, and only within those priorities, is it first come, first served.

Part of the reason I always put all the invoice information into my purchased spreadsheet and check the Excel calculated price against the Invoice price is to ensure that something didn't go wonky in the checkout process. Not that it would prevent the overcharge, but at least, I'd be able to catch it in time to move money from savings to checking and thus prevent problems and overcharges with my bank account. Depending on when something like that happened in a month, a difference of $100 between what I expected to be charged and what I was actually charged would cause all kinds of headaches. Billpay doesn't issue a check if there isn't enough money in my checking account to cover it, and overdraft protection isn't going to cover everything if the whole thing snowballs. Which it can very quickly with the cost of living so high.

I hope you both get this resolved soon, and I really hope that the problem causing the wrong prices to be charges AFTER placing the order is resolved quickly. That's a rather serious glitch in the store.

Thanks for posting. I agree with you like you said, don't know which one is worst, being overcharged or not getting that overcharged corrected right away. It has currently stopped me from buying anything more from DAZ until it is resolved.

I know DAZ employees can't solve all issues fast. But I agree, being charged over 300.00 error is rather serious. I have notified
    my credit card company and put this charge in dispute just to protect myself until this can be resolved. I have not downloaded any
    of the items on this order. I can cause all the download links are active so I am bummed I don't have my new goodies to play with.

edited December 1969

Day 5. No help, no email and no resolve. Really, is this the way to treat a good customer ?

edited December 1969

Isn't there someone else at DAZ besides Britney that can cancel orders, refund the money back to my credit card and let me know that it was done ?

Or get that invoice back to the sale prices ?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Britney is head of CS.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Isn't there a phone number for CS - that's a serious enough an issue, I would call. The backorder at CS is huge, I still only received a receipt acknowledgement from a ticket I placed on Oct 11th. Issue is obe/mute point now and not worth perusing but, your issue is not trivial. I would call - just looking I cant find the phone number on the site?? Maybe it was pulled?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Britney is head of CS.

Thanks Chohole for that info.

edited December 1969

Isn't there a phone number for CS - that's a serious enough an issue, I would call. The backorder at CS is huge, I still only received a receipt acknowledgement from a ticket I placed on Oct 11th. Issue is obe/mute point now and not worth perusing but, your issue is not trivial. I would call - just looking I cant find the phone number on the site?? Maybe it was pulled?

Thanks for commenting Dream Cutter.

I find it hard to maintain my cool via emails, so phoning CS is not a good option for me.

I placed the charged in dispute with my credit card company which means my credit card company has put a hold on the charge
    and it won't incur late fees. And it will stay this way for 20 days and if DAZ can't correct the problem in that 20 days, the credit
    card company will demand a refund.

Man, this is the very first time this has ever happened to me at DAZ3d, well at any 3d modeling website really.
    I have lost any confidence in buying any more models.

I have not downloaded any of the items and DAZ can prove that by their data streaming reports via my ip.

I did buy the toe socks today that are on sale and I did get those for the right price but still my confidence is very weak to buy more.

Tabbycat

edited December 1969

Day 6.

No help, no email and no resolve.

Really, is this the way to treat a good customer ?

• EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Just curious, but was this the day that had the robot sale? I ask because in my wishlist I have Droid Textures-Industrial and as a Platinum Club member its supposed to be a $1.99 but during that robot sale it was listed around $5.

I got overcharged on PC Sale items and didnt even know it until I looked at my bank statement and saw a $97 charge for four things hat should have came up around $29.43. My platinum club discount didn’t work so I was charged full price on things like PC Anniversary Bundle 4 costing $59.99 instead of $4.99. For me who lives basically from paycheck to paycheck and payed through PayPal, a huge over charge like that could have cost me big time in fees.

Anyways, if you havent yet you might want to submit a new ticket and state that you have waited 6 days already with no follow up response.

edited December 1969

I have already told TC that this has been forwarded onward for her.

edited December 1969

Just curious, but was this the day that had the robot sale? I ask because in my wishlist I have Droid Textures-Industrial and as a Platinum Club member its supposed to be a $1.99 but during that robot sale it was listed around $5.

I got overcharged on PC Sale items and didnt even know it until I looked at my bank statement and saw a $97 charge for four things hat should have came up around $29.43. My platinum club discount didn’t work so I was charged full price on things like PC Anniversary Bundle 4 costing $59.99 instead of $4.99. For me who lives basically from paycheck to paycheck and payed through PayPal, a huge over charge like that could have cost me big time in fees.

Anyways, if you havent yet you might want to submit a new ticket and state that you have waited 6 days already with no follow up response.

I too, bought the PC Anniversity Bundle in this invoice that has the wrong prices. Yep I got charged 59.99 (or whatever the full price is) and it was listed somewhere near what you said. 4.99 or below. Don't recall. It's now going for 2.99.

Robots are cool but I didn't purchase any of these this sale.

This started for me on Nov 3, 2013 This is when I ordered the items but everything I am looking at is dated either Nov 4 or Nov 5 but
    anyway, Nov 3, 2013 is when this started.

Lots of folks live pay check to pay check, I am not one of those but I can ill afford 300.00 plus over charges either.

But the link I think is the PC Anniversity bundle so I think it probably was during the Robot sale.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have already told TC that this has been forwarded onward for her.

Thanks for taking such good care of me Chohole. I really do appreciate it. Still no email, no refund and no help yet.

edited December 1969

Day 7.

No help, no email and nothing has changed.

Kind of sucks to be a customer of DAZ, don't it ?

edited December 1969

CS is closed on weekends.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    CS is closed on weekends.

Oh ok. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Day 8

No email, no refund, no help.

It is true that customer service may be closed on weekends, but that still don't lessen the days
    I have to wait for help.

Tabbycat

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Britney says she answered your ticket, I have verified this. Please see the response that Britney sent you for ticket 154797

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Britney says she answered your ticket, I have verified this. Please see the response that Britney sent you for ticket 154797

Had a lot of errands to do this morning and this is the first chance I had to get online.

Yes, Britney did answer me. She said she refunded money but did not tell me how much, which I find curious.
    I don't know how she could know the amount to refund since the items on that invoice are now 1.99 and not .99 now.

Britney did ask me about the amount I thought the invoice should of been but I guess I didn't get back to her soon enough
    and she just refunded an amount. Just not sure why this is being handled like this.

And can anyone tell me why this happened ? Is it something that can happen again ?

Tabbycat

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Bringing these issues up in the forums isn't going to solve your problem. If you are curious as to how much was refunded then re-open the ticket and ask that question. I'm sure she didn't specify the amount because she assumed you knew how much it would be.

I'm not sure why this happened, but I have alerted our web team and they are looking into it.

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Bringing these issues up in the forums isn't going to solve your problem. If you are curious as to how much was refunded then re-open the ticket and ask that question. I'm sure she didn't specify the amount because she assumed you knew how much it would be.

I'm not sure why this happened, but I have alerted our web team and they are looking into it.

From my experience in helping others is to have as much detail about what happened posted to the thread I start.

In fact it has helped a lot bringing this issue to the forums and saddens me you are unaware of that.

Lots of folks have been dealing with this wrong prices on sales items and it really helps those people
    to read a posting such as mine so they don't have to go through what I am to get information.

I have been with DAZ3d a long time. This is the first time I ever ran into wrong prices on an order but I am hearing
    from others who claim this happens a lot. Had they posted to the forums I could have saved myself a lot of headache
    while dealing with this.

This right now is still an unresolved situation and I think I should be able to post to my thread until it concludes, in order
    to help others.

DAZ3d used to be customer friendly and is sad that it isn't anymore.

edited December 1969

TC, Daz 3D is still very Customer Friendly, but as DAZ_Jared has said, this sort of problem cannot be sorted out on the forum, it can only be sorted out by Customer Service. Daz 3D has some of the best CS going.

Your problem is not a common one, believe you me, and hence you did get a DAZ 3D Staff member post to your thread, to tell you that it is being sorted out for you, but you need to use CS, not the forums.

Please believe us, DAZ 3D is really interested in getting your problem solved, but you do need to use the correct avenues to do it.