Balloons! Help!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I bought a product from here that is no longer in the store. Just called "balloons"

I load the cluster of balloons but none of the poses work, I can't change it to heart shape or change the texture. I can't go to the store page and try to figure it out and read me doesn't help either. I've tried selected everything string and balloon and all- there's no morph to chance the balloon shape to get the heart shaped balloon.

I've tried the single balloon and the cluster, and all the heart shape pose files, and all the round shape poses, and the only ones that work are the default ones.

Not to mention that the strings have over a hundred segments and when I dumbly quickly clicked to add 4 clusters crashed my machine trying to load it all :(

So how do i make these balloons into hearts after all this?

10984.jpg
350 x 381 - 33K

Comments

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

This is how it worked for me: (DAZ 4.5)

In stead of double click, drag the heart shape from the content-library on to your viewport, to one of the cluster.
    When you drop it you see suddenly pop-up a new parameter.in the parameter tab: 'shape'.
    When I waited two seconds before realeasing the mouse, this 'default load' pop-up appeared, but it worked without that as well.

Balloons.jpg
    1020 x 400 - 100K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
    edited December 1969

wow that was complicated. Glad you figured that out! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Whew. Granted, I probably won't remember that next time I try to use them but at least I can search the forums and hopefully find it again :)

Wonder why readme never explains useful stuff like this >_<;</p>

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

Wow, those are cool balloons. Too bad they aren't still sold here! =-)

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

The shape option is actually already there. But you have to expand everything (and there are 108 "string" bones..... ) until you find "balloon". (Not the "top" balloon of course, the one listed under 108th string. LOL) Once you find that, then on Parameters > General > Misc, you will find your balloon shapes. Tjeb's way is a much faster way to expand the tree to that point, but they do work without that step. It is just very buried.

I do love this set. :)