DS 4.6 Shader Mixer vs Builder, Arranging Parameter Inputs 'n' Stuff

decibeldecibel Posts: 66

Trying to re-create Poser node setup via Shader Mixer.
In Poser, used several Blend Nodes to set user controlled colour choices.
I must do the same now in DS and finally getting some visual success using Mix Bricks in the Shader Mixer.

My question is in sorting out the parameter dials. I've hidden unneeded channels but I need to make some of those colour chips available in the parameter list so that the user can change it. Currently they are all getting bunched under the Diffuse setting and shown as "Multiple".

Organizing the parameters from Top to Bottom and renaming them, is that only controllable from Shader Builder? Or can I do this within Shader Mixer or just edit the Parameters in the Surfaces Menu?

I'm seeing a lot of opportunity in the Edit Parameters pop-up but haven't been able to find the documentation to make sense of what needs to be done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Modify_Parameters.jpg
788 x 443 - 99K
Blend_Node.png
212 x 98 - 11K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,297
    edited December 1969

The title of the brick determines the group name, the name of the property in the brick is what appears under the group heading - change the title from the brick's option menu, change the property label by double-clicking it (which is annoyingly inconsistent with how other properties work).