CloudFlare issues in Florida?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Novica asked me to post that she's been experiencing issues connecting here because of Cloudflare. She is in the florida panhandle and wonders if there is a problem. I told her I'd pass the message along.

GRAS

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 1969

It's been SEVEN HOURS since I could post on the forums. This is getting ridiculous. It is a daily event for 45 minutes to 3 hours a day, but seven hours is inexcusable. They came back online at 3:15am. the Cloud Fare is Miami.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Normally ClodFlare issues are short lived. You could try using your back button and trying again a few minutes later. If that doesn't work then you could try a hard refresh on the page. I tend to use Shift+Ctrl+R but Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Browxer refresh button or even Ctrl+R are other ways of doing this.

Clearing cache and DAZ cookies is always another option.

edited December 1969

I cleared the cache (Tools>Clear Browsing Data) four or five times. I could get into the site to shop but not the forums, so the site was up but the forums part weren't. I could also see the times changing (meaning "posted four minutes ago" when I would check again, but it would not let me go to individual threads (and ones I had not previously visited, to avoid the cache problem.) Don't think a hard refresh is going to make any difference, but I'll try it tonight if this happens again.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited December 1969

Novica: Do you get cloudflare errors when you use a different web browser. I usually have 3 chrome, Firefox and Internet explorer installed. If the website stops working I switch browsers. Sometimes that helps with odd site problems and may be something to try

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

I live in Fl and have not a had a problem yet. I usually use Firefox on this site.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

The error you're describing isn't a Cloudflare issue but a bug with the forums that throws up an error that Cloudflare then interprets as the site being down for you and presents their page saying its down. Clearing your cookies for Daz3d.com will fix it and most of the time just logging out and back in from the store will do it as well. We are working on getting off this forum software so when we do, you'll see this side of the site improve drastically.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited December 1969

Novica wanted me to post an say she still can't come to the site. She is getting a ray Id error:ce8c5053d490325 thank you.

edited November 2013

Not sure about a ray id error but (and I quote here)

ray.exe problems occur when important operating system files become misconfigured, deleted, or damaged. This is a common problem with computers that don’t get maintained regularly. Eventually the system becomes overloaded with problems and begins to crash and display errors. You may also notice your system becoming very slow due to high CPU and memory usage.

Investigating further I find that ray.exe is a malware, so possibly a computer scan with a reliable Malware scanner like MalwareBytes may help her.

Can find no actual information on that particular error code.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,269
    edited December 1969

I'm in Florida, too and I have the problem that DAZ_Jon described very often when I do this:
    I read a "Someone just posted in DAZ Discussion Forum" email message on my iPhone.
    I click the link to the message.
    The error pops up saying the site is down.
    "Try again" just displays the same error message.

This is what I do to get past that:
    Enter www.daz3d.com in the address area of the Safari browser.
    Log into the store (logging into the forums from www.daz3d.com/forums doesn't fix it for me).
    Switch back to the email app.
    Open the email message again.
    Click on the link to the forum message, and it works.

From then on, I can read other email messages and click other forum message links just fine. But after some time passes, the trouble starts all over again. It is very annoying and I look forward to better forum software that will fix this.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips :)
    I have Kapersky anti virus software as this is a business computer. I'll have to check my RAM. It is just the forums that are hanging up, can get to the site and the galleries. Was unable to get in for nine hours.

edited December 1969

Also- I don't put my computer on "sleep" mode for long periods of time. It IS maintained and gets updated by Windows on a daily basis. Virus scans are run on a daily basis. I'll just try to rule out other things.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667
    edited December 1969

Hi Novica, I was wondering where you were. Can you connect to Daz3d.com now from your computer?

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

I'm from Brazil,
    when I click to post a reply here in the forum, the site sometimes redirects to my account in daz 3d.
    In the last four months has always been,
    only works after 3 or 4 attempts

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited December 1969

I'm "neighbour" of dorlando. I'm from Venezuela. I get cloudfire Miami all time, all days since some months ago in my home win7 PC. Tablet and office PC never had had this problem. Hard reset don't solve this for me. I always must Log Out for Log In to get access to the forum. threads.

edited December 1969

Hi folks. I am in Pensacola. It isn't my computer, I have plenty of RAM, Kapersky gave me an all clear again, and if it were any of those things I couldn't get onto the site to shop and do the gallery. (although it is VERY slow.) It does not work with Firefox or Chrome. I don't feel I should have to try THREE browsers to get a site to work. This may be an issue with Windows 7 64 bit- but they've had weeks to identify and fix it.

Also, if it were me, it seems to me it wouldn't happen at the same time almost like clockwork. I'm sure after 9 or 10pm tonight, I may get the CloudFare again. It is Miami and it says my browser is fine, CloudFare is working, but they can't connect to DAZ.

edited December 1969

Sorry, reading all the posts- thanks for the explanation Jon.
    And signing off and on doesn't do a thing, but thanks for the suggestion :)

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I'm in New Orleans and get unable errors occasionally when I'm trying to view pages on the website, go to my account, download products, and post on the forums.

I've also had posts not show up and edits to update posts not showing up often over the past few months. usually I have to reedit posts

Usually the problems will go away after a few hours. The past few days I've gotten several and tried using multiple browsers and cleared cookies and cache on all, so I'm just now catching up on posts.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA- does your Cloud Fare show Miami?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited November 2013

Hey Novica,

I'm in New Orleans and I was getting a lot of CloudFlare or Magento error messages since Thursday when I was trying to connect to the forums and the main DAZ site. Usually I could connect for about 10-15 minutes and go to various forums or surf the site before I started having problems and couldn't connect at all.

Last night and Friday night were the worst as I keep getting told the site was offline and couldn't be accessed and I got a bunch of errors when I was trying to do downloads of updated files from my product library and make some posts. I ended up just giving up on my posts and downloads because of them and finally got one of the posts finished that I had been trying to do in the past few days.

Right now I'm not having any problems.

I don't recall the location the CloudFlare messages were showing.

Firefox, Safari, Chrome, & Internet Explorer all were getting errors.

I also had some log out stuff that was unusual the few days before. Normally I'll get logged out of my account ant the forums several times during the day. I wasn't getting logged out of my main account for over 2 days oddly but was getting logged out of the forums much more frequently.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
    edited December 1969

Well, it's definitely not us. I had issues three or four days the week before, eight or nine hours last night and about three hours Friday. Thursday night was several hours, I think last Wednesday it was okay but Monday or Tuesday it was several hours. It was always the forums and a couple times it logged me out of the site and when I went to log back in I got Cloud Fare. Hopefully they will get it straight. I had no issues tonight.

edited December 1969

FYI- I am on right now using Firefox. Google Chrome is that stupid Cloud Fare again- like clockwork. Since I am on the same computer, it is definitely not my computer, it is the browser. Why I can use it all day long, but not at a certain time of the night, DAZ needs to look into. This recurring initial problem around 8:30pm to 10pm is getting old and doesn't make sense.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    FYI- I am on right now using Firefox. Google Chrome is that stupid Cloud Fare again- like clockwork. Since I am on the same computer, it is definitely not my computer, it is the browser. Why I can use it all day long, but not at a certain time of the night, DAZ needs to look into. This recurring initial problem around 8:30pm to 10pm is getting old and doesn't make sense.

Daz 3D is not responsible for ClodFlare issues, only ClodFlare can fix them.

edited December 1969

A business is responsible to hold the other business accountable for the service that they are paying for which are broken. If you're having a birthday party at a business and the caterer doesn't deliver the cake, is the business not responsible because the caterer screwed up? Does the customer have a legitimate complaint that there was no cake at the party? Of course they do!

I know that DAZ can't fix it, but obviously if DAZ doesn't report to Cloud Fare that there are issues with the Chrome browser, how is Cloud Fare going to make it right? But it sounds to me it is the forum software company that needs a "talking to."

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

FWIW, I just saw the error page people are talking about here, for the first time last night... while I was trying to log out. :roll:

Definitely not seen anything like this before, I usually just get the plain white "CloudFlare Error" page. This one definitely identified the CloudFlare London site as being unable to talk to DAZ (with pretty graphics), if that's any help. Also, DAZ was very, very slow in responding at about that time. Just DAZ, all other sites I was browsing at the same time had no significant response problems.

edited December 1969

SpottedKitty- what browser? Was it Chrome by chance?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Firefox, although I can't remember if it happened before I upgraded to 25.0.1 or after.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited November 2013

So, I've mentioned it a couple times where others have had this problem. This actually isn't a Cloudflare issue, they are getting back a 500 error from the page requests you are making which then prompts them to display their own error page saying the site is down for you.

What is the culprit is the bad forum software. If a cookie gets "old" the forum software ends up choking on the data it is passed and generates a 500 error. This is one of the many reasons we are working hard to get off this forum software without losing all the posts and content on it. The way to fix it is simple. You can delete all cookies in your browser by daz3d.com, specifically the one named "frontend" which is set by the forums. Or, you can go to the store and log out then log back in which will usually reset that particular cookie that will get set so it won't error out, however, if that doesn't work, the deleting all cookies labeled daz3d.com will (sometimes, multiple cookies named the same will get set, so it will change one, but the other will still get passed up and cause the error to happen).

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
    edited December 1969

Um, you folks are NOT going to do a quickie "oops lost the forum posts" thing on us are you? As you might know, I have two art studio threads chocked full with tutorials, tips, etc- 1500 posts on one and getting there on the second one with Serene Night. Can you give us more details on what's being explored?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Um, you folks are NOT going to do a quickie "oops lost the forum posts" thing on us are you? As you might know, I have two art studio threads chocked full with tutorials, tips, etc- 1500 posts on one and getting there on the second one with Serene Night. Can you give us more details on what's being explored?

we are working hard to get off this forum software without losing all the posts and content on it

edited December 1969

That would be appreciated. Forum software must be very complicated and like shopping carts, I imagine each one has its strong points and weak points.