Problem exporting genesis child poses to poser

taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have problem exporting genesis child poses to poser pro 2012. I didn't have problems with the rest of the figures of genesis, but I can't make the child poses export correctly, here I adjunct a picture of the result I have.

I tried some alternatives: installing the poser format exporter, saving the pose in the poser library, with male and female form, trying with poser 7, but nothing worked, could someone help me with this problem? I'd thank you so much! :(

child_pose.jpg
833 x 510 - 85K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited December 1969

Poser doesn't like the single-axis scaling that, I think, the child uses.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If you have universal poses checked in the general prefs, uncheck it. Close and relaunch Poser and try it again.

The poses you are using, are the designed for the genesis child or for K4?

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited December 1969

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work either :( the poses are designed for genesis, in this case basic child genesis.

icprncss said:
    If you have universal poses checked in the general prefs, uncheck it. Close and relaunch Poser and try it again.

The poses you are using, are the designed for the genesis child or for K4?

edited December 1969

And how could I solve it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    And how could I solve it?

I don't think you can, if that's the issue, though I believe the situation has improved at least somewhat in the latest versions of Poser (10 and Pro 2014).

edited December 1969

Poser 7 wouldn't have done you much good with poses for Genesis as Poser 7 doesn't even use WM.

Make sure your Pro 2012 SR's are up to date. There was some improvement with single axis scaling in the late SR's but it was still an issue. Pro 2014 with the latest SR's is better but I can't say the issue is completely resolved.

One of the things to remember with Genesis imported into Poser is that when you use Gensis in DS you are using DAZ's Triax WM system. However, when you import Genesis into Poser, Poser uses it's own internal weight mapping. Similar but sometimes different enough to make a difference.

edited November 2013

I figured out how to solve it. I installed the SR3 for poser and it worked, but I don't like the textures they have. A black line can be seen around the figures, here I adjucnt an image, could the textures be improved?

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    I figured out how to solve it. I installed the SR3 for poser and it worked, but I don't like the textures they have. A black line can be seen around the figures, here I adjucnt an image, could the textures be improved?

Are you using the mc6 files found in the materials room rather than the files listed in the mat poses?

The black outline shows up in the viewport but doesn't show up on render.

Do no use the Poser default lighting. Also, if you are using IDL do not use IBL lighting. Also there is a bug in Pro 2012's IDL that requires you to turn it down. I've had to turn it down to 60% on some lighting rigs to avoid things being washed out.

Check your gamma correction. You may need to adjust that as well.

If you are doing outdoor scenes, one of the easiest ways to light is to download and use Bagginsbill's free environment sphere and a single distance light for the sun. You will need to add a sky image to the sphere but BB has links to where you can dowload some on his site. You can google him and it should give you the site. I can't get to it to link it here.

edited December 1969

I load the textures in the material room, but they are the same. :(

icprncss said:
    taiuri said:

Are you using the mc6 files found in the materials room rather than the files listed in the mat poses?

The black outline shows up in the viewport but doesn't show up on render.

Do no use the Poser default lighting. Also, if you are using IDL do not use IBL lighting. Also there is a bug in Pro 2012's IDL that requires you to turn it down. I've had to turn it down to 60% on some lighting rigs to avoid things being washed out.

Check your gamma correction. You may need to adjust that as well.

If you are doing outdoor scenes, one of the easiest ways to light is to download and use Bagginsbill's free environment sphere and a single distance light for the sun. You will need to add a sky image to the sphere but BB has links to where you can dowload some on his site. You can google him and it should give you the site. I can't get to it to link it here.

edited December 1969

Which texture are you using?

edited December 1969

The ones for every figure, for example, for basic child, I'm using the one is for basic child in the material room

icprncss said:
    Which texture are you using?