How do I install Michael 5 in poser?

taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have the DSON importer in poser pro 2012 installed correctly, but I don't figure out how to install michael 5 in poser, because the installers files are .ds and .txt, how can I do it? thank you.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Once you have the DSON importer installed, you need to download and install to a separate runtime that the importer can write to the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Poser Companion Files for the Genesis Starter Essentials and the Micheal 5 files.

All the files should be installed to the same external runtime. After these files are installed, point your Poser library at them. If they are installed correctly, Poser will see them.

If you have used plain Genesis in Poser, you may or may not have encountered the slow down or the dread "library lock" that sometimes occurs. Once you start adding morph packs to Genesis this becomes more and more likely.

Slow downs and library lock ups are most likely to occur after you click on apply active morphs in the DSON importer. Sometimes the use of an external library app can fix library lock. Nothing really cures slow downs.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited December 1969

But I nistalled and they can't be read, I think I need the .dpc file, :(

icprncss said:
    Once you have the DSON importer installed, you need to download and install to a separate runtime that the importer can write to the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Poser Companion Files for the Genesis Starter Essentials and the Micheal 5 files.

All the files should be installed to the same external runtime. After these files are installed, point your Poser library at them. If they are installed correctly, Poser will see them.

If you have used plain Genesis in Poser, you may or may not have encountered the slow down or the dread "library lock" that sometimes occurs. Once you start adding morph packs to Genesis this becomes more and more likely.

Slow downs and library lock ups are most likely to occur after you click on apply active morphs in the DSON importer. Sometimes the use of an external library app can fix library lock. Nothing really cures slow downs.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Do you have the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Poser Companion files for the Genesis Starter Essentials, Micheal 5 DSON files and the Micheal 5 Poser Companion files. The only one you don't need for Micheal 5 is the DS legacy files. These are files that work in DS4.

When you actually load M5 you begin by loading the base Genesis figure. Go down to the paramters window and go down to Real World and exapnd it. Find Male and Expand it. You will find the Genesis male morph and the M5 morphs. Dial up the M5 morphs.

M5 does not load like M4 and other Poser figures do. You have to load Genesis, apply the texture and dial up the morph. It has to do with importer.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited November 2013

I found the paramters window and I could dial up to michael 5, but I couldn´t find the textures, where are they? I looked for in the material and poses room, what file installer is for the textures?

icprncss said:
    Do you have the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Poser Companion files for the Genesis Starter Essentials, Micheal 5 DSON files and the Micheal 5 Poser Companion files. The only one you don't need for Micheal 5 is the DS legacy files. These are files that work in DS4.

When you actually load M5 you begin by loading the base Genesis figure. Go down to the paramters window and go down to Real World and exapnd it. Find Male and Expand it. You will find the Genesis male morph and the M5 morphs. Dial up the M5 morphs.

M5 does not load like M4 and other Poser figures do. You have to load Genesis, apply the texture and dial up the morph. It has to do with importer.

Post edited by taiuri on