Missing the genesis base model in DS4

Rogue MaleRogue Male Posts: 20

I was attempting to work with my DS4 program and while I was looking for characters to work with, I noticed that my main genesis base model was missing. Is there a way to retrieve this model or do I have to uninstall and then re-install the the program to get it back?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I was attempting to work with my DS4 program and while I was looking for characters to work with, I noticed that my main genesis base model was missing. Is there a way to retrieve this model or do I have to uninstall and then re-install the the program to get it back?

No, you need to install the rest of the content that comes with the program ;-) Check your Product Library.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

TO be precise you need to install the Genesis Starter essentials and also Genesis starter essentials 2

You can find them here, in your product library. if you use the Manual downloads form your Product Library. (click on the icons shown) They are also available through DIM

gen_starter_2_copy.jpg
    703 x 450 - 244K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

I've been messing with this too, and can't get DS4.6 Pro to load even the base Genesis figure. Keeps saying the dsf is missing, but it's not.

I've used the DIM, and tried installing manually.

I've uninstalled everything, and deleted everything under My Library, then re-installed, same issue.

For the record, I'm installed DS4.6 pro, and Genesis Starter Essentials.

Any more ideas?

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Steel Rat said:
    I've been messing with this too, and can't get DS4.6 Pro to load even the base Genesis figure. Keeps saying the dsf is missing, but it's not.

I've used the DIM, and tried installing manually.

I've uninstalled everything, and deleted everything under My Library, then re-installed, same issue.

For the record, I'm installed DS4.6 pro, and Genesis Starter Essentials.

Any more ideas?

The latest version of Genesis is a .duf rather than a .dsf so something is still looking for the old version which the later versions of Starter Essentials uninstalled - is Studio trying to load the startup scene when you get this error, or are you trying to manually load Genesis from smart content or a custom script?

If so, try looking in Content Library tab -> Studio libraries -> My Library -> People -> Genesis (I think that is the right folder - currently rendering and can't check) and see if the Genesis .duf is there.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DIM installs content to C:Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library by default, not to My Library.

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DIM installs content to C:Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library by default, not to My Library.

That seems rather silly, that the DIM would install stuff to a location the latest DS knows nothing about.

I can load them now, but that seems like a pretty drastic oversight.

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Steel Rat said:
    Jaderail said:

That seems rather silly, that the DIM would install stuff to a location the latest DS knows nothing about.

I can load them now, but that seems like a pretty drastic oversight.

Sorry, I'd forgotten about the default directory it uses - I use custom batch scripts to install my zips on an external drive.

I'm glad Jaderail figured out the problem.