odd 2D render question

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,941
edited November 2013 in The Commons

I finally after much screwing around with the new Google + got access to my Google site again.
I can embed a flash virtual reality scene using Daz studio3 3Dsom web exporter plugin of my own mesh.
I used to do them with Daz models on Artzone where the mesh was hosted at Daz and encryted
to do so now would need the game developers license at least if even allowable.

but if as I plan to do, I create my own nativity scene for Christmas from scratch
can I use 2D cutouts of renders with front and back renders of figures on 2sided vertex cutouts
ie I render a front and back, trace around image with polyline and create polygon with thickness or duplicate, smooth soft select middle and bulge and apply an image to each side
or would this count as a derivative work?
only static posed not a movable rigged model and only 3D in sense it would bulge out a bit each side to make an appearance of 3D

at this point I still need to model stable etc so not there yet and am thinking of modelling figures too from scratch or makehuman if mine too crap (I can do clothes) but even so the mesh would be too much so prob use my 2D option anyway.

back.png
800 x 1600 - 799K
front.png
800 x 1600 - 981K
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,941
    edited November 2013

a badly uv mapped and modeled quick example of what I mean

my_mesh.gif
    295 x 500 - 182K
    example.gif
    295 x 500 - 569K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,941
    edited November 2013

aexamples of 3dsom viewer

Google sketchup bungalow model my figures would be bill boards like tree but with some thickness and backs

my bulldog