Retired

2»

Comments

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited July 2020

Catherine,

Thanks for your contributions! smiley

Any chance you might be willing to tackle an Elizabeth 2 to Genesis 3 (or 8) Clone?  There's a few E2 cosplay outfits and such out there that I've been struggling with.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited February 2021

nm

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
    edited July 2020

Catherine,

Any chance you might be willing to tackle an Elizabeth 2 to Genesis 3 (or 8) Clone?  There's a few E2 cosplay outfits and such out there that I've been struggling with.

Which "Elizabeth 2" figure are you referring to?

This one? https://sharecg.com/v/94763/view/11/Poser/Elizabeth-2-Core

Yes.  At least I think so... as an example, here's one of the cosplay outfits I was having trouble with:

http://www.threednd.com/E2PUUniform.html

Looks like the the same gal in the pic, so very probably.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
    edited February 2021

nm

Catherine,

Yes.  At least I think so... as an example, here's one of the cosplay outfits I was having trouble with:

Nice outfit :-)

Yes that looks like her. Preliminary clone morph indicates it is possible however I think it would be a good idea to ask the person that made it if it's okay with him. The clone morph would be for use as an auto-fit clone only, no way I'm going to even try to match the face details.

I'm mainly after the autofit, so it's the body proportions and associated vertex locations that would matter the most.  If you autofit that outfit to Genesis 3, you should see the issues.  I was using a modified figure (approximation of Adrienne Palicki) but as I remember even on default G3F there was an issue.  It's been a bit.

edited February 2021

nm

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867

Catherine,

Nice outfit :-)

Yes that looks like her. Preliminary clone morph indicates it is possible however I think it would be a good idea to ask the person that made it if it's okay with him. The clone morph would be for use as an auto-fit clone only, no way I'm going to even try to match the face details.

he is very touchy about using his stuff in DAZ studio though for some reason, I clashed with him on facebook over this as he said it's not possible and I was disrespectful saying it was even though I had actual animated renders

edited February 2021

nm

I would hope that in the interest of people who enjoy supporting their favorite shows/movies/comics via cosplay art using their software of choice, that the E2 creator is amenable to autofit at least.  There are a few pretty neat E2 outfits out there over at ShareCG, etc. that I'm sure people would like to use with the Genesis characters without too much hassle, and making cosplay outfits available to a wider audience should be a no-brainer.

This should be a 'kumbayah' sorta thing, not a 'either-or' thing.  A lot of Poser stuff will work in Daz Studio already, which makes a lot of people happy, myself included.  And a few people here do work with both programs. 

I do own the latest version of Poser, but just can't get the hang of it.  Plus I'm invested in Iray stuff and prefer the 'Iray' look, and the Daz Studio workflow methodology is very agreeable to my way of working.

Anyways, I'd love to see the autofit, but if it ends up not being the cards, I guess them's the breaks.  If the creator of E2 should see this post, pretty please?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867
    edited February 2021

nm

edited February 2021

nm

Thanks for asking Catherine!  Them's the breaks I guess.

I have had absolutely zero luck trying to create some sort of fit that'll work.  Not my strong suit, and tutorials usually result in my eyes glossing over (not enough patience).  Ahh well.

edited February 2021

nm

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,229

For those interested, Sickleyield has a few items on sale today :-)

Genesis 8 clones for Genesis 3

Victoria 4 and Michael 4 clones for Genesis 8

Her clone products come with more than just the clones, she has some projection templates as well as helper morphs.

...and they're on sale Today Too!!! Argh I wish I wasn't poor!!! LOL

edited February 2021

nm

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited November 2020

double post

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited November 2020

Dartanbeck said:

Argh I wish I wasn't poor!!! LOL

yeah.. about that.. that makes two of us... lol. or rather lol cuz it ain't funny crying 

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited February 2021

retired

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited February 2021

nm

edited February 2021

nm

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,302

I tried to install the files but while attempting to do so I got a message saying the files already exist and do I want to replace them...You readme said that shouldn't happen, so I backed out and came here.

edited February 2021

nm

Oh I'm not interested in 8.1 only G8, I can't use Daz 4.15, I can barely use 4.12, so staying as such till I get a new computer, which I hope is this summer. Seems ever time I try to save for one, something else comes along the mess up my plans.

edited February 2021

nm

I did download them quite some time ago, but can't remember what disk I burned them to when I to make space on my drives. I probably installed them also which might explain why I'm getting that message.  I'll install and have it overwrite, since that seems to be the likely scenerio.