Gen 4 & 5 Legacy Shapes & Compatibility Matrix

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited January 2014 in The Commons

This has been one of the most exciting things I've been met with on this site yet! Not only did Slosh come through with Gen 4 & 5 Legacy Shapes For G2, but we also get this sweet new Compatibility Matrix for all the DAZ Iconic Characters!

I honestly thought something like this gone with the old store, but It's definitely good to see all the love that's still there for older Generations! :)

However, I do wonder if Gen 3 will eventually make it's inclusion among this. Gen 3 is still a much liked line among the DAZ veterans and is the only other Generation that has alternate versions of characters like David, Girl, Young Teens, and Kids.

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

The gen 3 question was addressed in the main thread on this, but the answer is essentially no as almost none of the Gen 3 figures could use stuff made for the other figures (there were a few rig-matches, that allowed a figure to wear another's clothing). Gen 3 does appear as somewhat compatible with the fifth generation through the clone shapes and GenX

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

The gen 3 question was addressed in the main thread on this, but the answer is essentially no as almost none of the Gen 3 figures could use stuff made for the other figures (there were a few rig-matches, that allowed a figure to wear another's clothing). Gen 3 does appear as somewhat compatible with the fifth generation through the clone shapes and GenX

BTW, it would help if you linked to the "official" thread, given that there are four or five threads going and none of them have been stickied. I'm guessing you mean this one? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35435/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

I wasn't sure which thread it was - I don't think there is an official one, just at least a couple of active ones.

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

This is for shapes only. Is there a way to convert the textures yet? Like from V4 to G2?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

This is for shapes only. Is there a way to convert the textures yet? Like from V4 to G2?

Using Gen 4 textures on Genesis 2 Figures is covered in the compatibility matrix. Look at whatever Genesis 2 character you have and check the Textures section of the matrix. It will tell you what you need to get Gen 4 textures to work.

*Hint* You need Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male to use Gen 4 male textures on Genesis 2 Male and Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female to use Gen 4 female textures on Genesis 2 Females.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Using Gen 4 textures on Genesis 2 Figures is covered in the compatibility matrix. Look at whatever Genesis 2 character you have and check the Textures section of the matrix. It will tell you what you need to get Gen 4 textures to work.

*Hint* You need Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male to use Gen 4 male textures on Genesis 2 Male and Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female to use Gen 4 female textures on Genesis 2 Females.
    Yet unfortunately, there's no support for non-V/M 5 character UVs for G2...