INJ.dsa and INJ.pz2 Files

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I don't have Poser, don't have it selected in DIM, and I am assuming the pz2 is poser?
Using Gabriel for Michael 4 and Michael 5, on M5.
Those are both shapes. Do I just use the INJ.dsa I assume?

Then for Gabriel OPTIONS- when I mouse over the .dsa one, there's no clues.
the 02.dsa says HSS

the pz2 one says AO & DS HSS. Can I use the pz2 one, and is it Ambient Occlusion and DAZ Studio Human Surface Shaders? What would choosing this one do?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

if both a PZ2 and a DSA (or any native DS file type) that have the exact same name are in the same folder then DS will ONLY use the DS file.

If the DS file is not there then DS will use the Poser file.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mattymanx. When I was manually installing files, I knew to use Poser if there was no DAZ files, but wasn't sure if that was what this was.

So for some reason, I have a LOT of duplicate files. Is that when I'm supposed to use the orphan file thing up in the content management section?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Bear in mind that some items have a single zip with both Poser and DS versions, not to mention sometimes having material presets in both the Poser Pose library and Poser Materials library. In those cases you need to either delete the unneeded files or (if you're like me and use custom categories) move the unneeded versions into a "junk" category.