$6 off code?

Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A couple of days ago I saw a banner at the top of the store page with a code for $6 off if you spent over $30. I'm sure it said it was valid until midnight on Sunday. Well it is Sunday today, with today's new releases there are $30 of things I want to buy but they have taken the banner off already!

Does anyone know if this offer is still on and what the code is?

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

A couple of days ago I saw a banner at the top of the store page with a code for $6 off if you spent over $30. I'm sure it said it was valid until midnight on Sunday. Well it is Sunday today, with today's new releases there are $30 of things I want to buy but they have taken the banner off already!

The banner you saw was probably a new site widget implemented where specific savings codes are offered users after making a transaction. So the "SAVE-6" code will not work for everybody .

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited December 1969

The banner you saw was probably a new site widget implemented where specific savings codes are offered users after making a transaction. So the "SAVE-6" code will not work for everybody .

Thank you for the code. I tried it and it didn't work for me.

So a few days ago the store said it was OK for me and valid until Sunday, but now it is before the stated end date and the store says it isn't anymore. Has anyone else had this?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,378
    edited January 2014

The banner you saw was part of the new in-store messaging system:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35801_4/

Which is also discussed here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35759/

The code (at least in the message I received) was different than the one posted by Dream Cutter. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it but look here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34269/P810/#526760 (page 55, post 816)
    I just tried the code I got and it is still working for me.

Charlie

Edited to add another link

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

The banner you saw was part of the new in-store messaging system:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35801_4/

Which is also discussed here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35759/

The code (at least in the message I received) was different than the one posted by Dream Cutter; but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. I just tried the code I got and it is still working for me.

Charlie

The code Dream Cutter gave sounded familiar to me.

I had a look at the announcement you mentioned. I definitely saw the banner but when I looked at Messages in my account I have nothing under any of the headings, Inbox, Exclusive Offers or Newsletters. If they were testing this system maybe it was a bug telling me I was eligible for a coupon when I wasn't.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If you look on your account page, you see a heading Messages. This will take you to a page with 3 buttons. Click on the middle one and it will show you any current offers that are still in effect.

The $6 off one ends at midnight tonight.

edited December 1969

Peter:

As I said earlie,r I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the code but look here:

I just found it after I had posted.

Charlie

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    If you look on your account page, you see a heading Messages. This will take you to a page with 3 buttons. Click on the middle one and it will show you any current offers that are still in effect.

The $6 off one ends at midnight tonight.

I checked that. There is nothing shown there although I did get the banner. Just one of those things the store does to keep us on our toes.

edited December 1969

Peter:

As I said earlie,r I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the code but look here:

I just found it after I had posted.

Charlie

Thanks for the link, but I had already given up and bought the stuff without the code so I can't try it now.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

You don't have the heading Messages on your account page or the code isn't coming up when you click the Exclusive Offers button on the messages page?

I just checked and the message doesn't come up when I click Exclusive Offers but that's because I know I already used the code. It is possible that DAZ only added the Messages heading to a random group of members to test it out. It is also possible that you used the code and don't remember.

edited December 1969

Same here. I already used it once and it doesn't show up in my messages. However, it seems to be a multiple use coupon since I can still use it.

Charlie

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    You don't have the heading Messages on your account page or the code isn't coming up when you click the Exclusive Offers button on the messages page?

I just checked and the message doesn't come up when I click Exclusive Offers but that's because I know I already used the code. It is possible that DAZ only added the Messages heading to a random group of members to test it out. It is also possible that you used the code and don't remember.

I've got the Messages heading but I don't get anything when I click Exclusive Offers. I don't get anything clicking Inbox or Newsletters either.

I definitely didn't use the code, unless the store added it to an order without me entering the code. I can never keep track of the Platinum discounts, special offers etc, and the total often changes between the cart and the final checkout.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,692
    edited December 1969

I got the code last week and used it.
    Code popped up for me again after I used it and I also see it popped up again today.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

The code isn't coming up - see the screengrab. I got the message the day messaging was implemented, and I haven't used the code.
    no-code.jpg
    1083 x 752 - 106K