Is It Real?...

Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I saw this on Facebook and started to wonder if this is real or digitally created in Poser or Daz Studio. it's entirely possible. I guess it's all to perfect looking and the lighting is super glossy. Usually the clue that it's not real is usually in the eyes and the expression, but that's come a long way since I started using Poser 4. Anyway, my post wasn't to make pulses start racing, I was just thinking about how far digital art has come.

484864_618528754888549_766819929_n.jpg
494 x 719 - 38K

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking more photoshop than poser.

vreenak-fake.jpg
    538 x 424 - 20K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

yeah, photoshped is my guess too.

ps, perfect reference image

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Definitely photoshop. There's no references that match that texture for a Poser figure.. and the face isn't matching that body.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

I'm thinking it's done using PS to blend cg and real elements...so, both?

(Those abs bear an awfully close resemblance to Adam Thwaites' Ripped morph for Genesis, to me at least...

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Definitely photoshop. There's no references that match that texture for a Poser figure..

And everyone wishes there was.. quick, someone get that man and his nice lips in front of a crazy mega pixel camera!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

He's actually real. His name is Benny Medrano.
    http://smartmodelmgmt.com/?attachment_id=404
    http://blackmenobsession.tumblr.com/post/38853802758/zombie-revolution

I'm not sure if the model Benjamin Daniel is him or not also w/ a diff last name.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

I like this picture of him the best, he looks a lot more real. I generally have little to no interest in muscular guys from a purely appearance stand point, but a good personality and a high IQ will outweigh any physical characteristics for me. This man has a very attractive face.

tumblr_mbi7ceaOer1riw43jo8_1280.jpg
    612 x 612 - 88K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,942
    edited December 1969

oooh I like

• Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

So he is real I stand corrected. by no references, do you mean there are no real photos to use to create that sort of skin or something else? I'm not a Photoshop artist so, I'm interested in all the reasons most thought it was a photoshopped image.

• SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    I like this picture of him the best, he looks a lot more real. I generally have little to no interest in muscular guys from a purely appearance stand point, but a good personality and a high IQ will outweigh any physical characteristics for me. This man has a very attractive face.

Was going to say something, then completely lost my train of thought...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

mrothello said:
    So he is real I stand corrected. by no references, do you mean there are no real photos to use to create that sort of skin or something else? I'm not a Photoshop artist so, I'm interested in all the reasons most thought it was a photoshopped image.

Yeah...most high end skin textures start off as photos...high res to very, insanely high res images.

But in any case, that particular picture, the first posted, is definitely retouched in some fashion...whether digitally or the old fashioned air brushing (does anyone actually do than any longer...do they actually make prints before publication?).

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,037
    edited January 2014

Looks like the Bodybuilders photo trick. You rub a mixture of oils and graphite on the skin to make the muscle cuts really "pop" under the right lighting. They rarely use much on the face, therefore, the seeming mismatch.
    Just look at the cover of any muscle mag and you'll see examples.

Of course most images start out as digital nowadays, so that one has probably been adjusted a bit in photoshop.

And to answer the original question:
    "Is It Real?..."
    "...nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about..."

Post edited by TJohn on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

The skin texture looks remarkably like Photoshop's plastic wrap plug-in
    http://www.webdesign.org/photoshop/photo-editing/shiny-skin-effect.19818.html