Photo Studio - Point and Shoot 2 [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Here is another one I did. Stephanie 6 HD using the V4 Ellite Texture Ariana (setup to use AoA SSS shader).

I used the 3pt rim right light setup, but I made some adjustment for this pose. I brought the key light, which is camera right, around a little more forward to give me something approaching Rembrandt lighting (when the shadow of the nose touches the shadow on the cheek giving an illuminated triangle under the eye). I moved the rim light back further so it was close to opposite the key light and lowered it a bit to get more light under the chin.

Rendered using 3Delight at gamma 2.2 with gamma correction. No post work, other than my signature.

Speak_Low.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 418K
  • InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    Here is another one I did. Stephanie 6 HD using the V4 Ellite Texture Ariana (setup to use AoA SSS shader).

I used the 3pt rim right light setup, but I made some adjustment for this pose. I brought the key light, which is camera right, around a little more forward to give me something approaching Rembrandt lighting (when the shadow of the nose touches the shadow on the cheek giving an illuminated triangle under the eye). I moved the rim light back further so it was close to opposite the key light and lowered it a bit to get more light under the chin.

Rendered using 3Delight at gamma 2.2 with gamma correction. No post work, other than my signature.

Cool, glad your having fun and taking the basic setting I gave you and modifying them into what your scene currently needs :coolsmile:

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244
    edited March 2014

fusionla said:
    Does this light set show up in the Smart content like Photo Studio - Point and Shot?
    I'm not getting it to show up.

Smart Content isn't something I've very familiar with or use myself. DAZ QA usually sets up the metadata when they do the product testing but maybe with the flood of new products for MM it got overlooked. Best thing you can do is open a support ticket and they will see that it gets added and updated in short order. Thank you for for pointing this out and taking the time to tell us about it.

This doesn't seem to have been fixed yet (at least there's been no update via DIM). Does anyone know if this was reported / is in the pipeline?

UPDATE -
    I put in a ticket and it seems I was wrong! It does show up in the Smart Tab (and Product List), but not where I would have expected. It's not next to "InaneGlory's Photo Studio Point and Shoot", it's in a different category and listed in products under "P" (rather than IG's other stuff which is under "I")

PS - I still think it's a really great product, I just wish the "Smart Content" was a bit smarter!

Post edited by Stargazey on
  • RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited December 1969

Purchased "InaneGlory's Photo Studio - Point and Shoot 2", but cant seem to fine how to invoke it. I find it nowhere in my content library. Also, it does not seem to be available anywhere in the Reality Render interface. Neither does it seem to be invokable fro the Luxrender interface. Where is this product hiding?

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

It should be located in your DAZ content folder (or my library, or whatever you have it named) light presets/IG lights.

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited December 1969

Just uninstalled, re-installed and re-imported my meta data. It seems to be showing up now. Thanks!
    :)

edited May 2015

Ninja'd by my own wife :ohh:

Post edited by InaneGlory on
    edited December 1969

stargazey said:
    fusionla said:
    Does this light set show up in the Smart content like Photo Studio - Point and Shot?
    I'm not getting it to show up.

Smart Content isn't something I've very familiar with or use myself. DAZ QA usually sets up the metadata when they do the product testing but maybe with the flood of new products for MM it got overlooked. Best thing you can do is open a support ticket and they will see that it gets added and updated in short order. Thank you for for pointing this out and taking the time to tell us about it.

This doesn't seem to have been fixed yet (at least there's been no update via DIM). Does anyone know if this was reported / is in the pipeline?

UPDATE -
    I put in a ticket and it seems I was wrong! It does show up in the Smart Tab (and Product List), but not where I would have expected. It's not next to "InaneGlory's Photo Studio Point and Shoot", it's in a different category and listed in products under "P" (rather than IG's other stuff which is under "I")

PS - I still think it's a really great product, I just wish the "Smart Content" was a bit smarter!

This should finally be fixed now. There should be an updated Point and Shoot 2 installer with new meta data. Not sure how useful it is going to be as it even had the QA people stumped as how best to do the meta data. The advise they gave me was to advice people to use Folder View to get the most out of the product until Smart Content catches up with me.