Kitten Morph

alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
edited February 2020 in Freebies

Hi all, 

I needed a kitten in one of my projects and I did a kitten morph.

It is composed of 2 custom morphs and a combination of the morphs available already for the daz housecat.

I asked in here some advice about kitten proportions.

Right now I don't have time to polish it more but I thought I would share it with other animal lovers.

If you have suggestions for what else I could/should do to it please let me know and I will try to adjust it when I have some time.

rar
rar
Kitten_morph.rar
Kitten.png
1920 x 1080 - 4M
Post edited by alex86fire on

Comments

• Daz only, alas. I understand why Daz and Poser parted ways, but it especially makes me sad when freebies for pre-Genesis products don't work in Poser. Still, nice work!

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

I'm confused. Where are my morph and screenshot?

• I'm confused. Where are my morph and screenshot?

They are there ;-) Seems to be a forum quirk - I've had some issues with it too but when I went back to the post to add in what I thought were missing files, they were there!

Thank you :-)

• Daz only, alas. I understand why Daz and Poser parted ways, but it especially makes me sad when freebies for pre-Genesis products don't work in Poser. Still, nice work!

Sadly the script that worked in D/S3 for making Poser morphs does not work in D/S4+

edited December 2020
    "Quote" rel="Catherine3678ab"> "Quote" rel="alex86fire">

I'm confused. Where are my morph and screenshot?

They are there ;-) Seems to be a forum quirk - I've had some issues with it too but when I went back to the post to add in what I thought were missing files, they were there!

Thank you :-)

Ok :), you're welcome! If it's useful to a few people I am happy.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited February 2020

It works!

Kitten Morph.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,594
    edited February 2020

Oooh, I like small kittens. Thank you, I would make the ears smaller and the showing skin pinker. This is an excellent small cat morph but kittens have a more scawny appearance and facial features a little more pushed together and ears smaller. The body of a kitten tends to be thinner while still getting milk from their mother. Breeds does affect how they look when very young. Once again thanks for morph.

Post edited by Silver Dolphin on
  • Thank you for the kitten morph. Very much appreciated since I can't use the kitten morph for the Millennium Cat with the Daz House Cat.

Oooh, I like small kittens. Thank you, I would make the ears smaller and the showing skin pinker. This is an excellent small cat morph but kittens have a more scawny appearance and facial features a little more pushed together and ears smaller. The body of a kitten tends to be thinner while still getting milk from their mother. Breeds does affect how they look when very young. Once again thanks for morph.

You are welcome!

Thank you for the kitten morph. Very much appreciated since I can't use the kitten morph for the Millennium Cat with the Daz House Cat.

You are welcome, glad you like it.

• Thank you very much for sharing your kitten morph. It's great!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,789
    edited February 2020

Daz only, alas. I understand why Daz and Poser parted ways, but it especially makes me sad when freebies for pre-Genesis products don't work in Poser. Still, nice work!

If you convert to to Tri-ax rigging in Studio, you could try bringing it into Poser using the DSON Importer.

A great morph, Alex86fire!  Thanx for Sharing!  :)

Post edited by WandW on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Why not export the kitten as an OBJ in Poser sizing and then import into Poser as a morph target?  

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Thank you :)

btw. for those who dont know where to place the morph, my folder is this:

D:\daz3d content\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Daz House Cat\Base\Morphs

(I dont sue DIM, all installed by hand), there did I played mine, just check your Data folder structure, like it is in mine.

Btw. Is this the only aviable morph so far? its not perfect, so... if there is more others or whatever would be nice, also other Hosuecat morphs.

Hey, you are welcome.

Unfortunately I only needed a few kitten images and this was servicable enough for the current need.

If you let me know how you would like it changed/adapted or what a new one should do different from the current one I can give it a try.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited September 2020

Hey, you are welcome.

Unfortunately I only needed a few kitten images and this was servicable enough for the current need.

If you let me know how you would like it changed/adapted or what a new one should do different from the current one I can give it a try.

mhhh.. i saw your kitten morph a while ago, was interested, but i'm not sure if i DL it or just postponed it - anyways, i can't find it in my freebie folders... AND it seems your link here has disappeared again. i saw  @Catherine3678ab 's thread  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/436617/helper-morphs-for-the-kitten-morph-for-daz-house-cat#latest and it reminded me of your morph, but now i can't DL yours... crying

EDIT: nevermind! ... i just was the victim of the forum quirk - after going to & from suddenly the rar was back here ^^

thanks a lot for this cute morph ^^

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • I was able to get the Daz Cat during the sale!  I am so very grateful for your morphs!!  Very generous!!!  Thank you:)

• n.jmurovn.jmurov Posts: 65

Thank you soooo much! No render should be considered complete without a kitten in it :-)