What did you buy with your MM coupon?

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I'm curious about what DAZ originals people are choosing to buy with their March Madness coupons. I got $11 this week, and I bought Predatron's Trampoline and Metro Hotel. They are older items, but they render nicely, and I like them. What did you get?

Trampoline_DTAL-DistantH_Gama_2.2_.jpg
2000 x 1591 - 2M
Metro_Hotel_Vintage_Suitcase_DTAL-DistantC_Gamma_2.2_.jpg
2000 x 1600 - 1M

Comments

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited March 2014

Well I had $46: and I got the Aiko 4 Pro Bundle and M4 Starter Bundle. I know it seems silly but I only had their base figures since I primarily work with Genesis 1 & 2. I managed to get both when they were marked down during the MM sale. I think I got the Aiko 4 pro bundle for around 30 and the M4 Starter for the rest.

Post edited by fictionalbookshelf on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    edited December 1969

Well I had $46: and I got the Aiko 4 Pro Bundle and M4 Starter Bundle. I know it seems silly but I only had their base figures since I primarily work with Genesis 1 & 2. I managed to get both when they were marked down during the MM sale. I think I got the Aiko 4 pro bundle for around 30 and the M4 Starter for the rest.

Those bundles will probably give you lots of good stuff that you can autofit onto Genesis 1 and 2, too.
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I used mine when I bought the Viking Bundle at release. I also had Stellar League Assault Suit, Drinking Horns, and Fantasy Shields in my cart.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I used mine when I bought the Viking Bundle at release. I also had Stellar League Assault Suit, Drinking Horns, and Fantasy Shields in my cart.

Aha! I thought this thread would help me find some interesting stuff to use future coupons on. I'd never noticed Stellar League Assault Suit. It looks pretty interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I bought too much stuff last week. I had the max $50 coupon. I was planning to get the Millennium Puppy Bundle and Paxton Hair, then see if I could get anything else to fit under the coupon.

When I got them in the cart, they were much cheaper than I expected, so I had to go look for some other things. I added Stonemason Dark Placed Bundle, and check the cart to discover that all the prices had gone down more while I was looking and the cart total was now only about $25 !!!!

I found some textures for some outfits I had, but they didn't add much with all the discounts. Finally I added V4 Elite Texture: Ariana, and that finally got me up to the total.

I think it was the Mid-Madness Category Artist sale that kicked in and lowered all the prices. Glad I didn't do this earlier.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Very happy I held on to my $50 coupon and used it on items with a 58% discount in the MM Catch Up sale. Today's MM dx30 Dress Shoes for Genesis release is included in this order which wasn't eligible to be used with the coupon. It carted at only $1.50, probably because I bought the G2M version of the shoes the other day, so I actually only paid $1.18 for everything else!

Order.jpg
    817 x 857 - 67K
    edited December 1969

Wow! You two both made maximum effectiveness of that coupon. I'm already up to $21 for this week. Not a lot for some buyers, but almost twice what I had last week.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

I spent mine on the Olympia Pro bundle, which was around $24 since I had the Dress Shoes and a couple other items in the cart. Seems the more I added, the cheaper the rest got. Truly this is madness! :coolsmile:

Now if only the Michael 6 Pro bundle would go on sale... :hint hint:

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820
    edited December 1969

I spent mine a few hours too early, I suppose. If I'd waited a bit, I'd have probably been able to get more bang for the buck. That said, I had such a hard time finding stuff, it's probably just as well.

I picked up RM Nieves (because I want her texture for something I'm working on), the Garbage Pile and Flying Steamer.

I have not the slightest idea what I'll be doing with next week's coupon. I'm really reluctant to get a lot of older clothes, because I have to send them through autofit or transfer. I'm discovering that there's a transitional stage of early Gen4 clothing that literally falls apart if you try to fit it to Genesis or Genesis2. (As a side note, I really wish that Predatron would update his Trucker clothing set. It has the only poofy fill-style winter coat I've found anywhere, and autofit/transfer really does not like it at all.)

Most of the other DAZ Originals I have on my wish list are either too recent or PC items, neither of which are eligible.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited March 2014

The last minute catchup is crazy, with Platinum club items at 37 cents each. :bug: That said, I think I did okay with my $15.00 coupon, since I ended up getting nearly a thousand dollars worth of items for less than $49.00. Most of that was PC items, but there were a bunch of DO's that the coupon was spread across, so I have no idea what to say my coup actually went towards. Anyway, here's what the biggies were and the effective price tag I ended up paying on each item after the smoke cleared:

Fashion Catwalk $1.44
    Prisoner $1.02
    Latin Stage $1.10
    Cute Mini-Dress and Shoes $1.10
    Be Pacific $1.11
    Feather Hair $1.18
    Aiko's Mascot Menagerie $1.27
    Shimuzu's Stephanie 5 Poses $1.26
    Torianna Hair $1.28
    Hoodie and Hot Pants Set $1.26
    Svana for Genesis $1.70
    Bella Hair $1.70
    Princess Asia $1.70
    Restless $1.10
    Diva Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) $1.27
    DM's Secret Chamber Bundle $5.10
    Hospital Bed $1.52
    Michael 6 Attitude $.84

So, the total spent on those = $27.32, and the rest of the 71 items were PC products that weren't eligible for the discount. Yowzah! :coolgrin:

Crazy_cart-_Shopping_Cart_-_www_daz3d_com_checkout_cart.jpg
    898 x 600 - 45K
    Uber_invoice_capture.jpg
    381 x 1183 - 238K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

@Byrdie, after reading your post, I bought the Olympia 6 Pro bundle. I didn't have a coupon anymore, but the price was still too good to pass up.

@vwrangler, like you, I'm in the "bought too early" category, but I'm happy with what, I got and I've already had fun rendering it, so I'm good with it.

@Cybersox13, WOW, you really got a LOT! 37 cents!!! I didn't see anything that low. You must have the extra 10% bonus. After using my coupon and then having this MAD sale start, I spent much more than I ever would have at normal PC prices. Now I must go render!!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited December 1969

Wow, a lot of great bargain shopping going on! I only had $18 and I spent it the first day because I wanted Real Deal for Real Feel Pullover and Real Deal for Real Feel Zipped Cardigan and they were were both at 58% off then. I also bought FW Neomi @ 30% off because there wasn't anything else that I didn't have that appealed to me.

sweaters.jpg
    1164 x 1200 - 423K
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

I used my $7.00 March Madness punch card coupon on the DM Secret Chamber bundle. Then I remembered my Platinum Club coupon and I got the Olympia 6 HD add on. Then I noticed the crazy pricing on DAZ originals and filled my cart up with 30 items and paid 26.45. Now I think it's a good time to go hit all the PA store sales. A gift card sale would be really good about now.
    Congrats everyone on your crazy deals. Happy rendering!

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Wow, a lot of great bargain shopping going on! I only had $18 and I spent it the first day because I wanted Real Deal for Real Feel Pullover and Real Deal for Real Feel Zipped Cardigan and they were were both at 58% off then. I also bought FW Neomi @ 30% off because there wasn't anything else that I didn't have that appealed to me.

Thanks for the picture. Those look really nice. I have both models. I'd better run back to the store and check on the pricing of those textures.
    edited December 1969

I used my $7.00 March Madness punch card coupon on the DM Secret Chamber bundle. Then I remembered my Platinum Club coupon and I got the Olympia 6 HD add on. Then I noticed the crazy pricing on DAZ originals and filled my cart up with 30 items and paid 26.45. Now I think it's a good time to go hit all the PA store sales. A gift card sale would be really good about now.
    Congrats everyone on your crazy deals. Happy rendering!

I'm shopping like you - I keep going back for more!
    edited December 1969

I would go back for more .... but my credit card ran away. :red:

edited March 2014

Byrdie said:
    I would go back for more .... but my credit card ran away. :red:

Apply for a new one! %-P Disclaimer: I don't know what you'll do next month when the bill is due.
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Well, it didn't run so much as went into hiding. The poor thing just couldn't take it anymore, i think it's under the sofa, having a nervous breakdown. At least, that's what the whimpering from that direction seems to indicate. Wonder if I can lure it out ....

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Crap. When I wrote that I was thinking PC coupon. My MM coupon was only $2 so I just threw it at the first purchase I made (been buying more back catalogue than new releases).

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325
    edited December 1969

I managed to amass a whole $3 in the first week so I bought some textures for my V5 gypsy dancer outfit. With the existing discount, this brought the price down to just south of $4. So far this week, I've managed to amass a slightly less impressive $2 so I'm now on the lookout for another useful Daz original.

Cheers,

Alex.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I seem to remember tossing 4 full sets in my cart at some point in the past that I now have zero Idea what they were, but 4 sticks in my head.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I used my week 1 $4 coupon on poses for the DAZ Troll. (He's been in my runtime for years - maybe I'll actually use him with the poses.)

My week 2 coupon will be $1. Any suggestions?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I had a lot of trouble finding a daz original I wanted. Let alone one that I could use my 15 dollars on. Most of the daz originals I want are new stuff. . I used it on a hair that was full price! 14.99 for a M6 hair. No PC discount.

I was sad to later find that one of the admins suggested I add something else to the cart to see if the price would go down, but I trusted the cart was being accurate by telling me it had charged me 14.99

That kind of bummed me out. Wish prices and discounts were displayed properly int the cart.

edited December 1969

I had a lot of trouble finding a daz original I wanted. Let alone one that I could use my 15 dollars on. Most of the daz originals I want are new stuff. . I used it on a hair that was full price! 14.99 for a M6 hair. No PC discount.

I was sad to later find that one of the admins suggested I add something else to the cart to see if the price would go down, but I trusted the cart was being accurate by telling me it had charged me 14.99

That kind of bummed me out. Wish prices and discounts were displayed properly int the cart.

Hmmm, that seems strange. Why would a DAZ original not have at least the 30% PC member discount? Am I mistaken? I thought PC members got 30% off all DOs. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new hair. There isn't much good hair for M6 yet, IMO.

The cart is acting in a way I can't predict these last couple days. I understand buy 1 get 40%, buy 2 get 50%, but the extra 30% deal seems strange. Sometimes when I add a third item, prices change on the first two. But prices are cheap, so that's good.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Nothing. I'm letting my $2 and $4 coupons lapse partially because there is nothing in DOs I really need or like, and partially because I don't want to lose my refund rights.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Hmmm, that seems strange. Why would a DAZ original not have at least the 30% PC member discount? Am I mistaken? I thought PC members got 30% off all DOs. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new hair. There isn't much good hair for M6 yet, IMO.

The cart is acting in a way I can't predict these last couple days. I understand buy 1 get 40%, buy 2 get 50%, but the extra 30% deal seems strange. Sometimes when I add a third item, prices change on the first two. But prices are cheap, so that's good.

It had the discount when initially put in the cart, but after the coupie was added the cart didn't not display PC discount, and only said I got it 14.95 off. When the cost for me should have been 11-ish dollars. I think it is the wording of the way the cart totals when coupie was added was weird. If I had known I had gotten additional monies off I would've spent them. But the cart said my discount was 14.95 off.. Which lead me to believe I'd used the whole coupon.

Agree about men's hair. It was something I didn't have, that fit all the criteria. It looked like the hairline was odd which is why I'd never bothered before.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Nothing. I'm letting my $2 and $4 coupons lapse partially because there is nothing in DOs I really need or like, and partially because I don't want to lose my refund rights.

I think they listened to you, because they made it easier for you to preserve those rights this time - no signing up in advance, yada yada.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I picked up Scrappy the Robot, The Mercator, Wooden Rocking Horse (for kids renders, should be fun), Vacuum Cleaner, Stinger, 'Blowin' in the Wind' Tool.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I picked up Scrappy the Robot, The Mercator, Wooden Rocking Horse (for kids renders, should be fun), Vacuum Cleaner, Stinger, 'Blowin' in the Wind' Tool.

Oooh! I like that vacuum and the rocking horse. I've wishlisted them for a future coupon. Even though they are cheap now, I'm tired of spending, so I'll wait and get one or more with a coupon later.
  • drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

I spent more than I expected on week 1 and used the coupon towards the DM Secret Chamber bundle. It covered most of the purchase.

This week I spent less and am having difficulty deciding what to use the coupon on.