Daz Genesis - iClone

ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Has anyone had any experience with Daz Studio/Genesis and iClone (via 3D exchange).

I got the iclone facial pipe line bundle here and it came with a few exe files and a couple of zip files.
One of the zip files is labelled "3D character Resource Pack" and has several sub folders with BVH and FBX files.

Nowhere does it tell me where these files are supposed to go so if anyone can tell me I would appreciate me.
I've feeling these days some companies seem to adopt the approach that everyone must know their filing systems and are as vague as possible. However even a newbie with Daz Studio (or even Poser) could work out where files go because most content is distrubted ina nested folder system that replicates the intended folder system, but there is no such nesting within the Resource pack so do I just have to keep guessing and get lucky?! lol!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

actually you can just drag and drop the provided iAvatar files into iClone
    the FBX into 3dxchange, those are provided as resouces to practice retargeting on

the duf file for facial animation gets dropped onto genesis in Daz
    you then export it as an FBX and load into 3dx5 and it will automatically detect it is genesis and do everything for you
    you just export it to iClone
    either to the default path in public documents reallusion custom iclone 5 character
    or wherever you like, can still drop it from or search for the window from within iclone

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that....

• edited December 1969

Hi wendy♥catz,
    need some help.

there are 2 weeks trying to convert a DAZ Genesis character into iClone6, but with no luck.

I got 3dxchange 5.5 and iClone6.
    This is the workflow.

1 - Export FBX after applying the iCloneFaceKey.duf file on my DAZ character
    2 - Open the FBX file into 3dxchange, and
    - No MessageBox about auto conversion appears
    - The button "Convert to non Standard" is disabled

The character is displayed on 3dxchange window, but no bone conversion is made.

actually you can just drag and drop the provided iAvatar files into iClone
    It seems that there are no .iavatar file on distrubution

the FBX into 3dxchange, those are provided as resouces to practice retargeting on

into 3dxchange where ?

and it will automatically detect it is genesis and do everything for you
    That's exactly what doesn't

Any help will be kindly appreciated

I would like to thanks in advance for your time
    Ciao
    Angelo

edited December 1969

you have iClone 6 not 5, I wonder if that makes a difference?
    you see 3dxchange will not import non-standard characters unless it detects iClone5 is installed
    I would of thought having 6 installed would be OK too, I suggest you ask on the Reallusion forum as this could be an issue faced by many newcomers.
    it may just be a path issue too but having 5 & 6 I cannot test it unless I unistall iC5 which I intend doing soon as I need to move it off my SSD along with a few other programs for freeing up space ( resinstalling on my E drive) but I am not ready quite yet to do it, when I do I can test it.

edited December 1969

http://forum.reallusion.com/Topic220890-299-1.aspx
    sadly it appears to be so, I would contact Reallusion customer service if I were you.

• edited December 1969

You are absolutely right.
    the problem was there

Thanks a lot for your time
    Ciao
    Angelo

edited December 1969