edited December 1969

no antispam
    magento or expression engine quirk
    will let one one sentence be used once
    thx guys was taken!!!!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    You have to type certain number of characters into a post before it will let you actually post it.. other forums I haunt have a 10 character minimum, this one seems to require slightly more.
    OH!! That one. I often I just add a Space or return. It mostly works...
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

any news to the forever optimizing issue?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,933
    edited December 1969

ruphuss said:

Thank you for getting us back on topic.

I tried the suggestion of using the tdlmake from the standalone version of 3Delight. Unfortunately, that does not fix it. The same problem occurs with the continuous generating of tdl files for the LIE tif files.

I wrote a bug report, but only got a response saying that it was forwarded to the bug tracking.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

I have a Win7 Ultimate system that does not have internet connectivity - and thus, no updates unless I feel like pulling them down and installing manually.

I've been playing a bit with the LIE and tdlmake is only running once for me on any given image; no looping observed. I used the LIE wounds package for the testing.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    ruphuss said:

Thank you for getting us back on topic.

I tried the suggestion of using the tdlmake from the standalone version of 3Delight. Unfortunately, that does not fix it. The same problem occurs with the continuous generating of tdl files for the LIE tif files.

I wrote a bug report, but only got a response saying that it was forwarded to the bug tracking.

Then it's probably an underlying problem with the script in DS, as opposed with tdlmake itself...but why is it Windows only?

It is not doing it in WINE...and not on Macs...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

It appears to be caused by a recent Windows update to .tif file processing, as it doesn't seem to be affecting systems that don't have the recent patches.

edited December 1969

It appears to be caused by a recent Windows update to .tif file processing, as it doesn't seem to be affecting systems that don't have the recent patches.

It seems then that DAZ should easily be able to reproduce the problem. It also seem like more and more people will be affected as they update their machines. I'm looking forward to Zev0's skin creation product, but I'm afraid the LIE bug will kill it for me.
    edited December 1969

On my PC all my Zev0 stuff and other overlays are already out of use. None are usable at this point. I also tried the TDLmake from the last 3 versions of DS4.5+ all caused the error. That said I'm still buying LIE type products, I have full confidence this will be fixed. I did sort of think it was a Win OS issue when I heard from a few users on Mac's and on Linux systems, they have zero issues.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

If that really is a Windows Patch that is causing the problem then you can uninstall it. Quite simple albeit finding the Kb number to uninstall (2901674 ?)

You could also try to have a look in your Windows Registry and check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Gdiplus\DisableTIFFCodec

If the Entry is at 1 then it may be what is causing the problem as it seems to prevent opening TIF files

Put the value at 0 then reboot, then check if that works

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

If that really is a Windows Patch that is causing the problem then you can uninstall it. Quite simple albeit finding the Kb number to uninstall (2901674 ?)

You could also try to have a look in your Windows Registry and check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Gdiplus\DisableTIFFCodec

If the Entry is at 1 then it may be what is causing the problem as it seems to prevent opening TIF files

Interesting, as my Win7 system does not have that registry entry . . .

edited December 1969

namffuak said:

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and I don't have that registry key either. I can open tiff files just fine (including the ones created by LIE) in Photoshop.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited April 2014

Well...that explains why it isn't impacting WINE. Since WINE 'passes' all that through to the native Linux library files, it will have no impact, nor on Macs too.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and I don't have that registry key either. I can open tiff files just fine (including the ones created by LIE) in Photoshop.

That could be because PS has its own, included image libraries and doesn't rely on the system ones...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    namffuak said:

Then you could try to uninstall the supposed update from Windows. Have a look to find out if you find the KB number I posted.
    I personnally don't have the problem but my last Windows update was in March 2013 so I don't know if MS update could be the source of the problem.
    I have read the MS Bulletin from microsoft about that TIF patch but I'm not sure it could cause the problem. Worth investigating

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

ruphuss said:
    same problem with skin overlay
    ticket sent already

...I recently used the skin overlay and it worked fine for me.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ruphuss said:
    same problem with skin overlay
    ticket sent already

...I recently used the skin overlay and it worked fine for me.It is odd, not all Win users see it. Many do.. Some see short loops that die some see full loops that never end. I'm in the last category. Full loops that hang DAZ and hold it resident. Takes Task Manager to kill it then. It looks closed Frees ram but is still running in Mem.
    edited December 1969

...running a test on that same scene now. Optimisation ran through once and rendering commenced normally. Used the Skin Overlay to give Leela freckles. I'm sure I already have that Windows patch (win7 Home Premium 64) as there was a recent update.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited December 1969

Just to add that I seem to be having the LIE problem on my iMac. Unless it is something different but from the descriptions here it does seem the same issue.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

From what I recall of the issue I had it was with a scene that had LIE 'textures/shaders' already applied when being reloaded into DAZ. Starting from scatch and building up a mat zone with LIE is/was fine. It was just if you saved and then later re-loaded that the tdlmake processing went 'ballistic'.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    From what I recall of the issue I had it was with a scene that had LIE 'textures/shaders' already applied when being reloaded into DAZ. Starting from scatch and building up a mat zone with LIE is/was fine. It was just if you saved and then later re-loaded that the tdlmake processing went 'ballistic'.

For me, the LIE problem happens any time I use LIE, not just when reopening a scene that had it previously.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...running a test on that same scene now. Optimisation ran through once and rendering commenced normally. Used the Skin Overlay to give Leela freckles. I'm sure I already have that Windows patch (win7 Home Premium 64) as there was a recent update.

Yes, for me the interface appears to complete optimization after looping several times, and the render eventually completes and looks normal. However during the render, the progress displayed in the image is window is very sluggish. It will sit there for a long time showing no progress and then the image will suddenly fill in lots of buckets all at once. The real telling sign of tdlmake run amok is when you look in the temp directory that is assigned in your DAZ preferences, you see tld files continue to be created even after render starts and even after render finishes. You can also use a process monitor and see that tdlmake gets spawned over and over and over while rendering and continues after render finishes.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

In the DS4 change log ( http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log ) it appears they fixed the tdlmake problem in the not-yet-released 4.6.3.24

edited December 1969

In the DS4 change log ( http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log ) it appears they fixed the tdlmake problem in the not-yet-released 4.6.3.24

Mike, that is fantastic news. Thanks for the link. I didn't know DAZ posted change notes about unreleased versions. Now we have something to look forward to, and I can consider buying new LIE products again.
    edited December 1969

...test render I did last night competed with no crash or stall. Previously saved the Leela character with the Skin overlay applied.

Didn't try a new overlay.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...test render I did last night competed with no crash or stall. Previously saved the Leela character with the Skin overlay applied.

Didn't try a new overlay.

And again I point out NOT all Win7 users are seeing the error.
    edited December 1969

And Yes. The DAZ team has seen the error and we can expect the new DAZ Studio to have the fix as Mike has been so kind to post.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited April 2014

In the meantime try this. Turn off the option that auto refreshes images. That should work. Been speaking to Daz and they say that should work in the meantime. I cannot test because I no longer have the issue since I re-installed my OS and didnt update it out of fear lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    In the meantime try this. Turn off the option that auto refreshes images. That should work. Been speaking to Daz and they say that should work in the meantime.

Interesting - I do not recall having set that on, but my memory is not what it once was ;)
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    In the meantime try this. Turn off the option that auto refreshes images. That should work. Been speaking to Daz and they say that should work in the meantime. I cannot test because I no longer have the issue since I re-installed my OS and didnt update it out of fear lol.

OMG! That works! Thank you for this workaround, Zev0! No wonder only some people have the problem. That was an option that I turned on recently.
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited April 2014

Wooohooo!!! That is great news. Wish I knew this sooner lol...went through so much crap trying to build an LIE product while this issue was happening :P

Post edited by Zev0 on