Flame Rendering Black

dc19dcdc19dc Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm not sure what I'm missing, maybe a light not being placed somewhere. As you can see in the screenshots when I try to render the image the flame turns black.

black_flame.jpg
653 x 411 - 38K
before_ren.jpg
1097 x 458 - 97K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What file format is the flame in, and what shader does it use?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

You may need to set the Diffuse colour to white - in Poser ambient is independent, and I expect that is what they are using, but in DS the ambient is multiplied with the diffuse, which is more realistic but can break using it for glows if the diffuse colour is not set correctly.

• dc19dcdc19dc Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

What file format is the flame in, and what shader does it use?

I hope this helps. Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town with no wifi.

file_format.jpg
    276 x 202 - 29K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is still just a Surfaces setting in DAZ Studio, something in the Poser materials is setting it to Black. As Suggested check the Flame texture in the Surfaces Tab and look at the Ambient and Diffuse channels. They are often set up wrong for DAZ Studio renders.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

That will be the ambient issue I mentioned then. I think there should be a DAZ Studio version of the set, but if there isn't use Tools>Surface Selection to click on the flame, then open the Surfaces pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Surface) and make sure that the Diffuse colour is set to White - if not, click it's colour bar and pick white in the dialogue.

edited December 1969

You may need to set the Diffuse colour to white - in Poser ambient is independent, and I expect that is what they are using, but in DS the ambient is multiplied with the diffuse, which is more realistic but can break using it for glows if the diffuse colour is not set correctly.

So I need to diffuse the figure or pose, or both files in Poser, I'm wayyy more comfortable in DAZ working. I bought the Fantasy and Sci-Fi Effects because it says it's compatible with DAZ.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is Done in DAZ Studio in the Surfaces TAB. Not in Poser. This is a Different model but shows what to look in... Check the Diffuse Channel on the Fire prop...

Capture-001.png
    504 x 671 - 54K
    edited December 1969

That will be the ambient issue I mentioned then. I think there should be a DAZ Studio version of the set, but if there isn't use Tools>Surface Selection to click on the flame, then open the Surfaces pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Surface) and make sure that the Diffuse colour is set to White - if not, click it's colour bar and pick white in the dialogue.

Ok I was able to track down where the diffuse color area using your steps and I set it to white...and it FIX IT!!! thank you!!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It looks like you're using the Poser version of the product -- there are DS mats in "My Library\Shaders\B9999_FX" (if your content library is named My Library).