PW catch question {solved}

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,769
edited April 2014 in The Commons

Does pwCatch work with DS5.6? I just got it as I had a march madness coupon and it was like the cheapest thing I did not have that the coupon works for. It looks cool, I think but I know not much about it. it is in the queue to be installed but not yet installed. Are there any tutorials for it or any clues how to use it?

I hope I can use it.

edit: just checked the only other cheapest option I had was injection magic and it has a blurb that says

This product may not work correctly in Windows Vista or later Microsoft Operating systems.
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited April 2014

yep, pwCatch does work in DS 4.6
    I use it quite a lot. Brilliant idea - put a plane underneath your figure, apply teh main pwCatch shader, then the one you want - catch reflection, catch shadow etc. Good for rendering figure in blank scene and then putting on a background so it looks like it has shadows. :D

if you need more explanation on using it, i can whip up a few images to show you. :D

Post edited by jakiblue on
    edited December 1969

Does pwCatch work with DS5.6? I just got it as I had a march madness coupon and it was like the cheapest thing I did not have that the coupon works for. It looks cool, I think but I know not much about it. it is in the queue to be installed but not yet installed. Are there any tutorials for it or any clues how to use it?

I hope I can use it.

edit: just checked the only other cheapest option I had was injection magic and it has a blurb that says

This product may not work correctly in Windows Vista or later Microsoft Operating systems.

PS unless you know something that I don't, I think you meant 4.6??? *grin*

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,769
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

I hope I can use it.

PS unless you know something that I don't, I think you meant 4.6??? *grin*

It was a typo. I meant 4.6 but typed 5.6 instead. I do not look at the keyboard when I type and my hand was not positioned correctly so I pressed the wrong key. I do not have 5.6 yet and won't have it until everyone else has it too.

edited December 1969

LOL tis ok, I thought that was it. :D

• greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

It works in 4.6. It currently doesn't work with the AoA's advanced lights but that's supposed to be fixed in their next update. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

If you would Check the Info on products you might know if it worked... Sorry, but it clearly says in the info box DAZ Studio 4.6.

Capture-001.png
    853 x 225 - 12K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,769
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If you would Check the Info on products you might know if it worked... Sorry, but it clearly says in the info box DAZ Studio 4.6.

okay I was not sure how reliable that was as it was an older product. Sometimes I am afraid that they update the version number that it says it is for but the product is for an old version.