Painted for the BEO2K10

DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Quick question to anyone in the know,
What does it mean when it says "morphs do not load in DAZ Studio"

◦7 Preload Figures (.CR2)
◦Morphs do not load in DAZ Studio

I am guessing these are not just material presets then?
Thanks for the help.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited April 2014

decoyboy said:
    Quick question to anyone in the know,
    What does it mean when it says "morphs do not load in DAZ Studio"

◦7 Preload Figures (.CR2)
    ◦Morphs do not load in DAZ Studio

I am guessing these are not just material presets then?
    Thanks for the help.

The product description implies that is a texture set. I'm not certain why you would need 7 different cr2's for textures. Morphs would imply changes to the mesh. There's seven new cr2's that obviously do an external call for the original obj file for the product. Unless the product is rigged in Poser Pro 2012 or 2014, they should still work in DS or at least I think the current versions of DS can still handle legacy content.

Best bet is to PM the vendor and ask them what it means.

Ok, did a double check of the product. The morphs are stored as pmd files. There used to be a script for DS3 that allowed conversion of pmd's but AFAIK, it doesn't work in DS4 or better. That's why the vendor has placed the notice.

Post edited by icprncss on
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the response. I was hoping it would work in DS, but oh well. Thank you again for the help and your time.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

decoyboy said:
    Thank you for the response. I was hoping it would work in DS, but oh well. Thank you again for the help and your time.

it would probably work in Studio, but you might have to apply the materials manually

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

decoyboy said:

I would suggest PMing the Vendor. The read me isn't all that clear and I don't have time to use the product right now. The files show both duf files and pmd files.

The duf files are DS 4.5 and up files so these should apply to the model. Likely these are texture files that change to various paint schemes.

pmd files are external binary morph targets native to P6 and up. Do you have a copy of DS3 in your product library? Even if it lists as inactive, you can still download and install it along side your current version of DS4. The old archives are inaccessible but if you kept copies of your plugin downloads, you may have the pmd to morph script that used to be available. I haven't seen the creator here in the forums in quite some time so I don't know if he/she is still around.

You could also check the DAZ freepository to see if the scripts were reposted to the new archives. If they are, you could load the product into DS3 and use the script to convert the pmd's. Short of owning Poser, I don't think there's another work around.

edited December 1969

Thank you icprncess and LycanthropeX for the responses. I do have ds3, but that seems like a lot of work for some textures. maybe I will wait a bit and see if there is an update.. Thanks again.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

Well the good news is the Set does work with the BEO2K10 v2 Pose files. Even the Cr2 figures for the Different sets work with them.

EDIT of course the normal DAZ settings for Poser Textures adjustments need to be done as well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the further information Jaderail. Perhaps I will toss it into the cart then. if it's just a simple change in the surface tabs. The product looks great and I would like it a lot. Thanks again for the help everyone.