After 200 installed Products Daz3D doesn't start anymore

cschneicschnei Posts: 0
edited July 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

I updated my Daz3D from version 4.6.1.39 to 4.6.3.52.
At first, all was fine.

Then i bought 3 products and installed them.
Now i own more than 200 products.

If i start Daz3D now, nothing happens.
The loading screen stays forever with the text "Connecting to CMS...". Most of the time i have to force quit the screen.
Sometimes the program starts well (after a very long time). If i'm lucky, all products where shown, if not, all content is missing (then i have to stop/start the Content Manager and have to restart Daz3d again and again and again until it works).

The Install Manager starts very slow too.

Is there a product limit, or what can i do to make the program as fast as it was with 190 products.
If i deinstall some product, the program starts much faster and all products are shown right from start, but this can't be the solution.

Edit: Start takes over 5 Minutes (in the past it was 4 seconds)
Task Manager shows only 1% CPU performance and most of the time 0% disk performance. Several gigs of free ram.

Here are my specs:
Windows 8 64Bit
SSD
32gb ram
Intel 6 Core

Post edited by cschnei on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

200 products is nothing. It sounds very like a corrupt CMS database - assuming you are still using the Valentina database (you didn't install PostgreSQL) see here https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, a corrupt Database file can and will Crash the programs fully. I'm well past 200 installs and growing.

TIP #1. Never install content in any method, this means by hand or with DIM, with DAZ Studio open and Running. With DAZ Studio open and Running the Database file is in use. Adding new content to the Database file with the Pointer(s) in use can and will cause Database write errors. This will damage the Database file beyond recovery.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,275
    edited December 1969

I have been slowly getting all of the DS components of purchases I have in my Poser runtime; I have a little over 2000 products in my library and, when I finish, I will have around 7000. Rule 1, make sure you have the latest updates for your software since the new versions are much more efficient with your library. Rule 2, make sure Daz Studio is not running when you install since that is a direct path to database corruption. Rule 3, is if you start to have problems such as products not appearing, run the database maintenance which works wonders.The last should fix your corruption problems.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

While it sounds like you have another issue (which hopefully you have or will be able to resolve or at least partly recover from), adding products can indeed slow down your startup time somewhat, although I don't find it enough to be a problem, simply that I notice it. I have noticed that if I'm doing a fresh install or otherwise checking something without my content, DS starts up pretty quick, however with content it is noticeably slower. I would guess I have roughly around 2000-ish products installed, and there is a slight difference in content between these two PCs, but out of curiosity I just timed it on two PCs, and this is what I see:

Faster PC:
    18 seconds until I see DAZ Studio splash screen
    45 seconds until DAZ Studio is fully started

Slower PC:
    1 min 21 seconds until I see DAZ Studio splash screen
    2 min 20 seconds until DAZ Studio is fully started