Creature Creator for Genesis 2 Male(s) Discussion and Render Thread

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited February 2015 in The Commons

Creator Creator for Genesis 2 Male(s) is finally here. Let's see your goblins, hob goblins, gob hoblins, and other creatures in this thread. If you have any questions about the any of the new Creature Creator products feel free to ask them here.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Do the creature add-ons work in Carrara?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Just showing the three types- zombie, fur, and scales. They really are fun! These are just on either the basic Gen2 Male or on Michael 6, no morphs.

creatureCreatorAll3BUMP.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited July 2014

Are both the G2F & G2M versions going to be bundled eventually? Some of us are holding-off buying them for a bit in hopes we see one.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Here's one I just did. G2m, and two G2F's, all with varying mixes of creature morphs. The middle one has an imported head from the V4/M4 package to Genesis then to G2F. Her texture likewise is from V4/M4 wildcatz. The other two use G2 Creature scales. Ms. Voodoo on the far right also has ShanasSoulMate's tattoo's overlaid. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I also used some sss and translucency on G2M (in red) just to see what it looked like. All in all, a versatile set.

RawPeeps.jpg
    1185 x 918 - 486K
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Cool image Madbat...

Which buildings' set is that in the background, if I may ask.???

Cheers,

S.K.

edited July 2014

Thanks!

That's the walled city by stonemason, with a few extra bits tossed in from modular sci-fi and trash bin from....um...err....
    I just looked at the list of credits on this image (it's up in the gallery), I never realized I had that much stuff in it!

Post edited by Madbat on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited July 2014

Any chance there will be an update for the Female morphs to include a Zombie Body HD morph?
    Incredible job with the morphs! I hope to get them soon.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Trying out the new morphs.

the_creature.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 346K
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Anybody notice if there are any huge differences between the G2F and G2M addon packs?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Napoleon from Animal Farm. G2M, Evolution Morphs, Creature Creator content.

Napoleon.png
    500 x 650 - 334K
  • DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Cbird said:

It depends on which aspect of the pack you're referring to. The horns are props, so they should work fine (I haven't tested them). The legs and stuff are grafts so they will only work in a limited way.

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Cbird said:

It depends on which aspect of the pack you're referring to. The horns are props, so they should work fine (I haven't tested them). The legs and stuff are grafts so they will only work in a limited way.

Thank you, Jared. Do you know if there is any plan for grafts to work? There's been a long silence on this topic. I keep spending money on G and G2 products in the hope they will work properly some day. Am I deluded? Should I stop?

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

If only Daz released this today to go along with the 20% off Lee offer, I'm debating on buying this or holding off and seeing what comes out to get the 20% off. I had to laugh though that the offer was released with a bunch of G2F items :)

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

What I would like to see is an upgrade from "Creature Creator for Genesis 2 Male(s)" to "Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Male(s)" priced at $10 before discounts for people like me who didn't see that the HD version includes the SD morphs and so put the HD into their Wishlist to buy later, only to discover moments after submitting the order that with the PC discount the price difference was a paltry $4.90.

I know a SnailZEN submission might result in me being to get a refund, then buy the HD version, but I try to only raise a support ticket on really important things, because they take so long to be resolved.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    What I would like to see is an upgrade from "Creature Creator for Genesis 2 Male(s)" to "Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 Male(s)" priced at $10 before discounts for people like me who didn't see that the HD version includes the SD morphs and so put the HD into their Wishlist to buy later, only to discover moments after submitting the order that with the PC discount the price difference was a paltry $4.90.

I know a SnailZEN submission might result in me being to get a refund, then buy the HD version, but I try to only raise a support ticket on really important things, because they take so long to be resolved.

Well, crap ... that'll teach me to read 'the small print' ... refund request here we come! :)
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    acanthis said:

Well, crap ... that'll teach me to read 'the small print' ... refund request here we come! :)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to misunderstand these two products!

edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    SimonJM said:
    acanthis said:

Wot? Refund request here we come. Teach me not to do that again. :roll:

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Now there's a male version, I'm really hoping someone will work on non-furry textures for this set's Genesis 2 tail, so that we can use it for human, demonic and reptilian skins. :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046
    edited December 1969

I've been working with these for the past few days and this is one of the renders I have come up with.

Animal Army

animal-army-006.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 179K
    edited July 2014

Madbat said:
    acanthis said:
    SimonJM said:
    acanthis said:

Wot? Refund request here we come. Teach me not to do that again. :roll:

I've also just put in a refund request. I really think they need to put information like this right in people's faces. I know it's there at the bottom of the product description, but it really ought to be splashed across the promo image to prevent this kind of misunderstanding from happening.

Update: Refund received - probably the quickest resolution of a SnailZEN ticket that I've ever experienced!

Post edited by acanthis on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Happily I read the small print in time ... now for renders ... I keep forgetting what to do to get rid of red and blue dots ... so default lighting, one wave through the image editor ... for the idea ... just had to do this.

had_to_be_done.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 480K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Happily I read the small print in time ... now for renders ... I keep forgetting what to do to get rid of red and blue dots ... so default lighting, one wave through the image editor ... for the idea ... just had to do this.

The dots are an artefact from usign Deep Shadow Maps. They are random but their appearance can be 'controlled' by having the total intensity of DSM lights not exceed 100%. Or, of course, using ray-traced shadows.
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited December 1969

This is a combo of Wizard, Warlock and Gianni. I love the teeth.

warlock_gregor_portrait.jpg
    1120 x 1400 - 340K
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

The dots are an artefact from usign Deep Shadow Maps. They are random but their appearance can be 'controlled' by having the total intensity of DSM lights not exceed 100%. Or, of course, using ray-traced shadows.

Thank you :-) Took a screen shot of this, hopefully I'll remember it now.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Is there much of any difference between the Male and Female Add-On Packs?

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    This is a combo of Wizard, Warlock and Gianni. I love the teeth.

Those teeth are definitely great. Like the whole character too.
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Is there much of any difference between the Male and Female Add-On Packs?

They are geografts so each works better with their intended figure. [much better actually as there is also a shell or something with them].

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,325
    edited December 1969

I finally caved and picked up the creature creator stuff for the males.
    I do like the Wizard morph a lot and agree just love those teeth.

wizard.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 448K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited July 2014

This finally pushed me over the edge to getting it now. Really good job with the wizard.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,325
    edited December 1969

This finally pushed me over the edge to getting it now. Really good job with the wizard.

Thank you