problem with HowieFarkes Ultrascenery accelerator

Hello

I have bought this product. Two kinds of  files installed manually and also tried withvia Install manager : libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll in plugins folder and some content from IM00074497-01_AcceleratorforUltraSceneryStudioContent inatalled in My Library. In the Accelerator pdf i can read : you know that the Accelerator is installed correctly when youlaunch UltraScenery and see the new title background but i don't see this  and building the landscape with ultra scenery is as long as it was without accelerator,

I must indicate that : the Accelerator pdf have been installed correctly where are the scripts ultraSceneCreator and Water pack are installed and in About installed menu  ultrascenery accelerator is installed (with green widget)

Someone has an idea why this plugin don't work??

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Martial said:

Hello

I have bought this product. Two kinds of  files installed manually and also tried withvia Install manager : libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll in plugins folder and some content from IM00074497-01_AcceleratorforUltraSceneryStudioContent inatalled in My Library. In the Accelerator pdf i can read : you know that the Accelerator is installed correctly when youlaunch UltraScenery and see the new title background but i don't see this  and building the landscape with ultra scenery is as long as it was without accelerator,

I must indicate that : the Accelerator pdf have been installed correctly where are the scripts ultraSceneCreator and Water pack are installed and in About installed menu  ultrascenery accelerator is installed (with green widget)

Someone has an idea why this plugin don't work??

Make sure you're using version 1.3 of Ultra Scenery.

Laurie

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

There is a thread in the commercial thread area devoted to UltraScenery.  The artist who created the product and several frequent users might have a better chance of seeing your question there.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/380431/ultrascenery-commercial/p93

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

In my account , i have downloade again the files  and reinstalled again and it is still version 1,2 

Someone have a  way for finding  version 1,3

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

Martial said:

In my account , i have downloade again the files  and reinstalled again and it is still version 1,2 

Someone have a  way for finding  version 1,3

i would assume the current download is 1.3  otheriws in DIM, it will show the update. 

Thanks for your reply

But not in DIM Same 1,2  I have just installed with DIM

Sorry about this because i like all this line of products but so long to create a landscape

ScreenShot002.jpg
    2550 x 3300 - 1M
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

Martial said:

Sorry about this because i like all this line of products but so long to create a landscape

it is slow to generate. I experimented with Accelerator -- 5.5 minutes without, 26 seconds with ... same scene. 

not sure what to say. You should go to that link up above and post in the commercial forum for sure. Many people there can help, including develope Howie Farkes 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited December 2020

You should know if you are running Ultrascenery Accelerated, is one it is in the used Plugins part of Studio.. And two when you run Ultrascenery you should see a small accelerated by the name and 1.3 underneath..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Thanks  but as you can see in these printed screens Th accelerator is loasding according About plugins but my ultraScenery is still 1,2 without the small accelerated sign even i have downloaded and install the last version i can have from DAZ via Product library and via DIM 

ScreenShot003.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 412K
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 398K

HUURRY NOW  I got it after doing the update via the content inside DAZStudio

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Martial said:

HUURRY NOW  I got it after doing the update via the content inside DAZStudio

I don't know what this means, but I've not installed the accelerator yet, and I have v1.3 of USC.

Sorry about that Sevrin

So your problem is probably coming from tour installation of Accelerator

fom my situation  i know now that i can install the files from 3 sources : --directly by download  manually from the account ( for  me no 1,3 version from this) --using DIM ( for me no 1,3 version from this source) -or inside DAZStudio  using smart content ( my 1,3 version was installed from there  if i was you i will try to instal  again Accelerator plugin from this source) 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Martial said:

Sorry about that Sevrin

So your problem is probably coming from tour installation of Accelerator

fom my situation  i know now that i can install the files from 3 sources : --directly by download  manually from the account ( for  me no 1,3 version from this) --using DIM ( for me no 1,3 version from this source) -or inside DAZStudio  using smart content ( my 1,3 version was installed from there  if i was you i will try to instal  again Accelerator plugin from this source) 

I don't have a problem.  My point was that 1.3 is a separate upgrade from the accelerator.

• Dr ForkDr Fork Posts: 41

Howie Farks' plug-in "UltraScenery" no longer recognizes any of the new additions to it; (ie: UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard; UltraScenery - Features Volume 3, etc.), and no longer show in the Accelerator/build control box. WHY?  How do I use them now?  I use OS 7 on a Dell Precision that never had trouble with this plug-in until 4/14/2021.  Thank you.

• Dr Fork said:

Howie Farks' plug-in "UltraScenery" no longer recognizes any of the new additions to it; (ie: UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard; UltraScenery - Features Volume 3, etc.), and no longer show in the Accelerator/build control box. WHY?  How do I use them now?  I use OS 7 on a Dell Precision that never had trouble with this plug-in until 4/14/2021.  Thank you.

How did you install?

I initially installed, (as usual), using the DIM.  All worked well, Including all of the add-ons, for about a month.  I tried to use it on the 14th of April, (this month), and none of these add-ons would show in the UltraScenery creation app.  I then un-installed all of Howie Farkes products and tried installing them all again using the DIM but no change.  I un-installed all again but then downloaded and manually installed all, but this made no change to the disfunction...

• Are you sure you haven't accidentally installed through DS? If you find the products in the Products tab of Smart Content there should be a circled triangle icon at top-right - if not right-click on them and select Uninstall.

Do you mean installed directly into DS while it's running?  I have never done that.  I also have never used the "smart Content" directory.

No ideas?  I have reported this to the tech support page but the rsponse is: " ...it can currently take 4-6 weeks for a response at this time."  Should I request a refund?  Is there any other avenue of inquirey for me to try?  Is it possible to ask Mr. Farkes himself?   Thank you.

• ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152

I would suggest looking in the Vendor's support thread in the Daz PA Commercial Products section: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/466351/ultrascenery-new-territory-commercial

Hey!  That looks very interesting!  Thank you so much!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Dr. Fork, I will try to help you. I use UltraScenery a lot and I know a lot of troubleshooting techniques. 

My first guess is that you previously installed all of your UltraScenery products with DIM or Daz Central and recently accidently double clicked on the UltraScenery product thumbnail in Daz Studio and let it Install. That will create a second incompatible installation in another location on your hard drive. Addon ecologies and features need to be installed to the same folder hierarchy as the main UltraScenery product to work. Installing from inside Daz Studio is one of the known failure modes for UltraScenery and its addons. Let's see if that happened:

1. Open Daz Studio.
    2. Open the Content Library pane. In the Content Library pane there will be a list on the left that has DAZ Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Other Import Formats, Product and Categories.
    3. Expand the Products section by clicking on the small triangle to the left of the word Products.
    4. Expand the U section of Products.
    5. Scroll down to UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System and left click on the product name.
    6. The files in the product will be shown in the right side of the Content Library pane.
    7. Right click on the thumbnail for UltraSceneCreator.dse and select Browse to File Location.
    8. A Windows Explorer window will open. (If it doesn't open automatically, it may be highlighted or blinking in your taskbar waiting for you to manually open it.)
    9. What is the full file path of the folder that opens in that Windows Explorer window? If the file path has the word "cloud" in it, that means that the product did get installed from inside Daz Studio. That is a problem, be we can solve it.
    10. In that same Windows Explorer window, double click on the Ecologies folder to open it. Are all of your purchased ecologies there (e.g.TA TAO 01)?
    11. Go back up one folder level and double click on the Features folder to open it. Are all of your purchased features there (e.g. TA Stream 01)?

With the answer to these questions, we can move to the next step.

Thank you so much for noticing;  I've long followed your kind help for so many of the perplexed.  I will now read and try your suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

No; nothing about "cloud".  In the Ecologies folder only USC Grassland - 01 to03 / and USC Woodland 01 to 05.  the "Features" folder only has the USC: No feature 00, USC Pond 01, USC River 01 and 02, USC Track 01 and 02

edited April 2021

Dr Fork said:

No; nothing about "cloud".  In the Ecologies folder only USC Grassland - 01 to03 / and USC Woodland 01 to 05.  the "Features" folder only has the USC: No feature 00, USC Pond 01, USC River 01 and 02, USC Track 01 and 02

What is the file path that you saw (the one without cloud in the path name)?  I would like a record of it here for comparison with further investigation.

Edit: If the path contains sensitive information, like your real name, feel free to mark that out with XXXXX or something.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited April 2021

We need to see where the addons are installed now:

1. Open Daz Studio.
    2. Navigate to the Content Library pane and the Product section again.
    3. Expand the Product section and then expand the U section again.
    4. Scroll down to UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard. If you don't have that product showing in your Products list, that is a problem.
    5. Assuming you have UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard in your product list, right click on TA TAO 01 MAT.duf and select Browse to File Location.
    6. What is the full file path of the folder that opens in that Windows Explorer window?  We need to compare it to the file path you discovered for the UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System previously. The paths won't be identical, but they should both be subfolders of the same library and Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery in that library. There should be no cloud in the file path.
    7. In the Product section U subsection, scroll down to UltraScenery - Features Volume 3. If you don't have that product showing in your Products list, that is a problem.
    8. Assuming you have UltraScenery - Features Volume 3 in your product list, right click on usc Tyre.duf and select Browse to File Location.
    9. What is the full file path of the folder that opens in that Windows Explorer window?  We need to compare it to the file path you discovered for the UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System previously. The paths won't be identical, but they should both be subfolders of the same library and Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery in that library. There should be no cloud in the file path.
    Post edited by barbult on

No "cloud" and everything looks as you describe.

That doesn't make sense. Please tell me what all three file paths are. I can help better if I have complete information. If the paths are consistent, the the ecology and features files should have been found there in the first step.

Ah,  sorry; I jumped ahead of you and manually placed the missing files from a downloaded zip.  I think I understand it now, the need for it to be installed to the same folder hierarchy as the main UltraScenery product.  I sure don't know how I goobered it up after it was all working so well!  Thanks again; take care.

Now that you have the files reinstalled, is it all working for you again?