I'm getting random bad blocks in some of my renders

eric suscheric susch Posts: 130
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

The bad render blocks show up as magenta squares like in the center of this image. The problem in intermittent. If I re-render they are gone. In this 12 second animation there are maybe 10 random bad frames. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or what render settings I could play with to eliminate the problem?

I'm using the 3Delight render engine to a .tiff image series 1280 x 720 with everything else at default settings.

Computer:
Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
Dual Intel Xeon 3.1GHz
128 GB RAM

DAZ Studio 4.6.3.52
3Delight 1.11.3.52

shuttle_in_the_city_animation_020046.jpg
1280 x 720 - 224K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,119
    edited December 1969

That's a known 3delight bug when using Depth Mapped Shadows. Make sure that any shadow-casting lights are using ray traced shadows and they should go away.

• eric suscheric susch Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard.

There are indeed several lights with Depth Mapped Shadows. Boy, that's going to kill my render time but it's better than all the errors!

Cheers!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I understand that if you don't exceed a total of 100% for all the DSM light intensities that will stop (or reduce) this happening.
    If it's just a few spots do a full render then after setting Spot Render tool setting to 'New Window' (Window> Panes(Tabs)>Tool Settings: set Active Tool to Spot Render), do a spot render of each area, save as png and overlay in GIMP, Photoshop, etc.