Dial Fusion for Genesis 2 to 8.1 (Commercial)

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I love it, got four of "my" men into their own dials now, going to work to get the women too but currently playing a little. Ended up making a scene where the main character is a mix of the four I made dials for :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,202
    edited March 2021

jardine said:

sure.  for all of the genesis base figures i bought the HD addon for (and quite a few other vendors' HD figures as well), the HD morphs are controlled by their own slider.  so i have a full-character dial, a head dial, a body dial, and either a HD or a HD Details dial.  4 dials total for the character.

working with dialspun characters with multiple base HD figures (______ HD 32%, _____ HD 48%, l____ HD 24%), i find that the HD dial values often need to be adjusted separately from the base full-character or head or body values.  sometimes you run into intensely weird mesh distortion on the HD front when the same values look great at the base figure level.  and sometimes it's helpful to crank the HD details up a little higher than the base shape to bring out HD details in an area. 

make sense?

j

Daz HD base characters actually have 6 sliders, not 4. There are separate Body HD and Head HD controls, as well as the overall HD details control.

For example:

Base and HD morphs.jpg
    385 x 372 - 43K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Artini said:

jardine said:

ahh...okay.  thanks for the walkthrough, z.  i'll try that. 

:)

j

Please post some results, if possible.

After further consideration, I have bought this tool as well, but have no idea, how to use it.

Anyway, I just wanted to have a price reduction during the first week of March madness.

Have you watched the promo video?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872

I admit, I have not watched the promo video, yet.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872

Just want to add, that I have also purchased the Interactive License for this tool,

so now I will have even more fun in Unity, after I figure out how to use Dial Fusion.

• PotentialArtistPotentialArtist Posts: 13
    edited March 2021

Just bought it. Saving dial settings as custom morphs seems especially usefull. 

But can it transfer morphs from G8m to G8f and vice versa? 

Post edited by PotentialArtist on
    edited March 2021

No. This is not a morph transfer tool. That is still in the works with XTransfer series additional modules which is seriously behind schedule.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited March 2021

I am unable to execute the script (see error messages from log copied at the bottom). So far I've tried:

• Uninstalling/installing from DS 4.15.0.2.
    • Uninstalling/installing from Install Manager.
    • Uninstalling from Inst. Mgr., then installing from Daz Central.
    • Restarting DS.

I've also tried various other things like selecting a character, selecting nothing, or first clearing the scene before launching the script. The result is always the same. Please help!

BTW here are the checksums of the installed script on my system:

• sha256: a9f7f137b6c4262d66251832ffd0b1afe1199214d820e6ba87d99e0fb2f52528 *dial fusion.dse.enc
      md5: bf78b1e32289448a42a17b8a689e9f5c *dial fusion.dse.enc

2021-03-05 18:09:47.187 Loading script: J:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_80593/scripts/dial fusion/dial fusion.dse.enc
    2021-03-05 18:09:47.188 Failed to load script: J:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_80593/scripts/dial fusion/dial fusion.dse.enc
    Post edited by zszabo2000_015a88f8bf on
  • zszabo2000_015a88f8bf said:

I am unable to execute the script (see error messages from log copied at the bottom). So far I've tried:

• Uninstalling/installing from DS 4.15.0.2.
    • Uninstalling/installing from Install Manager.
    • Uninstalling from Inst. Mgr., then installing from Daz Central.
    • Restarting DS.

I've also tried various other things like selecting a character, selecting nothing, or first clearing the scene before launching the script. The result is always the same. Please help!

BTW here are the checksums of the installed script on my system:

• sha256: a9f7f137b6c4262d66251832ffd0b1afe1199214d820e6ba87d99e0fb2f52528 *dial fusion.dse.enc
      md5: bf78b1e32289448a42a17b8a689e9f5c *dial fusion.dse.enc

2021-03-05 18:09:47.187 Loading script: J:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_80593/scripts/dial fusion/dial fusion.dse.enc
    2021-03-05 18:09:47.188 Failed to load script: J:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_80593/scripts/dial fusion/dial fusion.dse.enc

The fiel has not installed correctly, it is still encrypted - but in any event, a lot of scripts do not execute correctly when installed through Daz Studio itself so you would probably be ebst off uninstalling that (right-click  on the product icon) and installing through Install manager or Daz Central.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,940

Just bought it, please note, that you cannot use custom ZBrushed morphs with this script, only Daz-dialed morphs... unless I'm missing something.

edited March 2021

It's by design. You can use any morphs but the zbrush morphs need to be moved. Promo 2 shows viable paths. No morph folder located in root will be picked up except for the Morphs folder and any sub folders inside there. That is the only exception outside of Actor or Pose Controls. Just move the morphs under ZBrush to the Morphs folder and they will be detected. Technically no morphs should remain in the ZBrush folder or any other folder in root. So instead of having their paths as Path:ZBrush it needs to be Path:Morphs/ZBrush. Also they need to be defined as either a shape or pose modifier.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Just want to sneak by and leave a basket of goodies for you @ZevO and @bitwelder, love the product and have gotten a fair bit of use from it :) My recently created Lady Emelin, Warmage was put to dial as I really liked her shape when I made the scene, much easier and far less work than having to save as scene subsets or write down the exact morphs used :) Many many thanks!

edited March 2021

You are very welcome:) We glad you find it useful.yes And thanks for the goodieslaugh

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,940
    edited March 2021

Zev0 said:

It's by design. You can use any morphs but the zbrush morphs need to be moved. Promo 2 shows viable paths. No morph folder located in root will be picked up except for the Morphs folder and any sub folders inside there. That is the only exception outside of Actor or Pose Controls. Just move the morphs under ZBrush to the Morphs folder and they will be detected. Technically no morphs should remain in the ZBrush folder or any other folder in root. So instead of having their paths as Path:ZBrush it needs to be Path:Morphs/ZBrush. Also they need to be defined as either a shape or pose modifier.T

Thanks for the info, yeah I have to move my ZBrush morphs under the "TZO Morphs" Property group, to the People/Real world property group... I figured I needed to move the morphs but I did not know where they'd be picked up, now I know; thanks again!

EDIT: I now see my second mistake, a ZBrushed morph was in my Genesis 8.1 morphs folder and not my Genesis 8...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but what about characters edited with Man Friday's Mesh Grabber? Will those morphs (deltas) also be included in the dial?

Depends where and if those morphs are saved. Where does Mesh Grabber save the morphs?

Zev0 said:

Depends where and if those morphs are saved. Where does Mesh Grabber save the morphs?

In my case, I haven't been able to save the morphs individually (though the feature does exist). So, I'm not sure where the deltas save within the character.

The script will only remember morphs that have been saved. It cannot remember deltas that aren't written.

Zev0 said:

The script will only remember morphs that have been saved. It cannot remember deltas that aren't written.

Gotcha! 

• Zev0,

This little jewel of a product has become a nested mini-hobby for me inside of DAZ Studio itself. 

I've lost track of the number of sessions where I didn't build scenes, I didn't render...I just pulled up character after character from my HUGE stash of presets, then generated master dials, and then started doing first-level blends from them. I tend to over-idealize my base figures, and to my delight, by taking default G2/G8's and nudging a little here, a little there from my growing set of dialed presets, I can come up with some very distinctive looks that are somehow more human.

The real fun began when I started using those to create what I'll call "second-degree" blends...your dials built on top of your dials, in other words.  The characters settle down even more, and become more believable and simultaneously more distinctive.  (Still idealized, but baby steps, baby steps...)

I'm having a blast, and it works great for figures.  I've only just started playing with expressions, aaaaaand here comes my request.  (You're a developer; you had to know there would be a feature request.)

The system doesn't work for "second-degree" expression dials, if that makes sense.  If I try to generate an expression dial that includes an already-generated expression dial from your script as a component, it wants to re-save those "first-degree" dials as well.  Which causes problems.

Would it be possible (and I honestly don't know what I'm asking for, effort-wise) to recursively expand your existing expression dials into their lower-level  (i.e. non-Fusion-generated) components instead, so that each expression could save as a single unique entity?  If the answer is "yes" then I would be willing to re-purchase the upgraded product for this feature. 

I hope that all made sense. 

Either way, this script is a dream come true. 

Regards,

- 3W

edited March 2021
    Edited. What issues have you gotten with first degree expression resaves? As far as I know all it does when resaved is update it to register it's usage linked to a new dial but shouldn't affect it's function. If the first degree dial is being affected then that is an issue. I am not at my pc for 2 days but I will test again when I am back home.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Let me try it and I'll grab a couple of screenshots. I work part time and I have shifts coming up, so it may be a couple of days for me as well.

-- 3W

Expression stacking worked fine here in my test. I will need to see what you are doing to emulate your issue.

• mastertoastermastertoaster Posts: 9
    edited April 2021

Does  this product also detect custom ZBrush morphs and combines them into one full character morph?

Post edited by mastertoaster on
    It will detect zbrush morphs if they are placed in the correct location as explained in promo. Combining all depends on what you dial up.
  • jimmyzpopjimmyzpop Posts: 116

Hi, I really enjoy using Dial Fusion. I have a question dealing with GF8 and GF8.1 morphs. My saved GF8 body morphs are available on my GF8.1 character and will load just fine when I load up a character. However for GF8, I can not see any of my saved GF8.1 body morphs and have them show when loading a GF8 character. Since the same morphs I am dialing are used on both GF8 and 8.1, I thought that I might be able to go to the female8.1 data morph folder and copy it to the female 8 data morph folder and see if it loads, but was unsuccessful. Is there away to have my GF8 character use my saved dial Fusion morphs that were saved when dialing in a 8.1 character?  

The way G8 and 8.1 works is morph content saved on G8 will show on 8.1, but stuff saved on 8.1 will only show on 8.1. It's just how it's designed. I'm sure there must be a way to manually edit the data info to get it to show but I have not tried yet.

• jimmyzpopjimmyzpop Posts: 116

Zev0 said:

The way G8 and 8.1 works is morph content saved on G8 will show on 8.1, but stuff saved on 8.1 will only show on 8.1. It's just how it's designed. I'm sure there must be a way to manually edit the data info to get it to show but I have not tried yet.

Ok, that is good to know for the future. Thank you for the quick reply, and also thank you for all your amazing must have products!   

Thanks for the support:)yes

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649

One of the (many) things that's really impressive is the fact that sliders are created on the fly and instantly visible without the need to restart DAZ (which is ultra annoying)

Do you please know a way to kind of manually "refresh" DAZ without restarting to make new sliders (morphs, etc) visible ?