What are some of the funniest comments you've seen in the forums?

What are some of the funniest comments you've come across in the forums? Sometimes humor/humour is the best medine and who doesn't love to laugh? There have been several for me and this one by @Sevrin had me doubled over. 

Sevrin said:

Peter Wade said:

I vaguely remember reading some fantasy book long ago that had an elite group of warriors who went into battle without armour or weapons because they were amazingly fierce and brave. Can't remember their name or the book or the author.

Doesn't sound like the kind of book that would have a sequel.

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited January 2021

Not any of mine.

I believe "perplexing" would probably be a good description.

But they are exceptionally stupid and carefully honed to edge of lunacy and crafted by years of insanity, not to mention the alcohol and multiple concussions.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Iirc, the month before the storepocalypse, someone asked, "I wonder what people will post about once the store is working properly?" Sevrin replied, "Probably how chilly it's gotten in the underworld."

• ArtAngel said:

What are some of the funniest comments you've come across in the forums? Sometimes humor/humour is the best medine and who doesn't love to laugh? There have been several for me and this one by @Sevrin had me doubled over. 

Sevrin said:

Peter Wade said:

I vaguely remember reading some fantasy book long ago that had an elite group of warriors who went into battle without armour or weapons because they were amazingly fierce and brave. Can't remember their name or the book or the author.

Doesn't sound like the kind of book that would have a sequel.

I'm still laughing at this after reading it the other day. Was at work and remembered this comment and chuckled to myself...yep, the looks I got from co-workers just as funny.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,513
    edited January 2021

McGyver said:

Not any of mine.

But they are exceptionally stupid and carefully honed to edge of lunacy and crafted by years of insanity, not to mention the alcohol and multiple concussions.

That is funny & deserves a link but it's already here.

@empty and @xyer

Sevrin is typically the source of the ones that have really cracked me up.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235
    edited January 2021

Well nothing in that 'art can be a funny thing' thread, that's for sure.

Sevrin posted something amusing recently, but the thread got deleted. "too long to be a sonnet and nothing rhymes" they said in response to some rambling OP where every sentence was its own line.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited January 2021

McGyver said:

Not any of mine.

...I was going to mention yours as they always give me a laugh and brighten my day.  I particularly love the ones that apper to have been historically or scinetifically "researched". 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Well it was many years and a couple of software changes ago ... the post was in the New User's thread ... and I watched it expecting it to be deleted but for some reason it just never was for quite a long time. Indeed as it passed to the serial pages, have no idea if or where it ever landed.

A new user was seriously asking about how to get water into their scene.

Somebody [I do not remember who but as I recall it was another new user] replied also sounding very serious ... full set of instructions which had something to do with getting a real glass of water and pouring it over the computer screen. {for those totally lacking the knowledge, NEVER do that}

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    "The store is working now."
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

My current favorite, especially the part I've bolded:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6438781/#Comment_6438781

I feel the same way about these Victorian nincompoops like Giovanni Schiaparelli, H.G. Wells and Kurd Lasswitz depicting Martians as a bunch of canal building, water stealing, tentacled monstrosities... A stereotype that has persisted right up to 2005 when actor Tom Cruise further besmirched their fine reputation.

Sure they may enjoy a little human flesh here and there... who doesn't?... but that's besides the point... to portray them as being too arrogant and stupid to take even the slightest precautions against pathogens, is almost a laughable scenario... I mean who'd do that?... okay, bad example... but it's totally insulting to Martian culture and dinning habits to portray them as blood thirsty monsters, yet most of our depictions of these noble monstrosities involve them stomping around in tripodial war machines, slurping up our water, roasting cities with heat rays and snarfing down humans willy-nilly... all thanks to Victorian authors and Dreamworks.

Don't believe anything McGyver says, especially if he says his posts aren't funny.