M3/V3 Skins to Genesis?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey guys. I have a quick question. I don't think there's any Gen3 UV's out there to use on Genesis... that being said, is there any way at all to convert the Gen3 skins over to maybe a Gen4 UV so that I can use them? I have a few characters that I have been converting over from my Gen3's to Genesis, with the only issue being the skins... there's just no duplicating these skins in what's currently available for the Gen4 or Genesis/G2 figures.

I was looking at finally getting the TC2, but I am really confused on that, also. The TC2's main sale page, which I *THOUGHT* was the underlying base product, says that we ALSO have to have the plugins for M4, V3, Tatoos, and V4/A4 in order to use the base product?? From where I'm sitting, it looks like the base product is requiring it's own add-ons to be useable?? Very confused.

I'm just trying to sort out some way to convert my Gen3 maps over to either Genesis 1 or the V4/M4 UV's so that I can use them on Genesis. And while I certainly don't expect any vendors to put out Gen3 uv's for Genesis... does anyone know of a way to get the maps converted so I can use them? I'm at a total loss at the moment, and too confused about the TC2 page to be willing to put out $25 on it yet.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

I'd like to know about this as well.

I had one work around where I conformed a textured M3 figure to Genesis as a bodysuit figure, but that limits the expressions the figure could use. It was creepy too. Visions of Texas Chainsaw Massacre kept running through my head... Brrrrrrrr!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, TC2 is just the software, you need at a minimum the V4 and V3 plugin (is there a still a bundle of the app and those plugins).

Zigraphics is currently working on a product to use 3rd Gen skins on Genesis: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44065/

• edited December 1969

Thanks. So I might need to just go the TC2 route for now... that's quickly going to add up to about a $50 purchase I think. Not sure if there is a bundle pack or not. This is to convert an M3 skin over to M4 UV's so I can use it on Genesis 1. LOL

I might just wait until Zigraphics has the Gen3 product done... *chuckles*

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if there was really a way to do it at the moment, that pretty much answers my question. :D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited October 2014

I grabbed them all on sale
    3DU often in sales
    yes it works quite well, creates new maps, you need to set up load files etc
    V3 and A3 share skins so only need one of them
    V4 and other gen 4 figures are same polycount so can load an obj of each on others in surfaces UV import to use other maps
    AND export a new cr2 with Poser files, there is a cr2 exporter script, messy but I did it and works in Poser, need geometries etc folders
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/multiuvs/muv_adding
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/dazstudio/studio-character01

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on