Some of the Render Settings can't be saved

After I updated the DAZ to 4.15, some of my render settings cannot be saved when I save as a scene. Like the environment map,  max samples and max time, etc. I changed the value and saved the scene but next time I openned the scene, these parameters will change back to the default value. I want to know how to solve this problem. Thank you!

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    xueyt9518 said:

After I updated the DAZ to 4.15, some of my render settings cannot be saved when I save as a scene. Like the environment map,  max samples and max time, etc. I changed the value and saved the scene but next time I openned the scene, these parameters will change back to the default value. I want to know how to solve this problem. Thank you!

Render settings were offloaded to the two new Filament nodes thay are created for every scene now. Did you delete those?
  • Did you delete the Tonemapper and Environment Settings nodes?

• xueyt9518xueyt9518 Posts: 42
    edited March 2021

margrave said:

xueyt9518 said:

Render settings were offloaded to the two new Filament nodes thay are created for every scene now. Did you delete those?

I didn't delete them. If I want to save the render setting, I need to delete them or not?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you delete the Tonemapper and Environment Settings nodes?

I'm not sure because I didn't notice them... Maybe I didn't delete them. If I want to save the render setting, I need to delete them or not? 

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you delete the Tonemapper and Environment Settings nodes?

I deleted the default environment map image and used 'none' for the environment map. 

But every time I reopen the scene it will change back to the default image...

I just tried, changed this image and didn't delete the Environment Options nodes. But it still change back to the default image when I open the scene again. This didn't happen in 4.14 but happened in 4.15.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 455

I haven't quite had this problem but it happens to me a lot that when I load a lighting or other render setup file, it doesn't actually apply even though it didn't throw any message; I have to actually go to render settings and select the Environment branch, and then go back to the content library and load the render setting again and then it will apply.

Does this happen to you on brand new scenes too?

pjzanca said:

I haven't quite had this problem but it happens to me a lot that when I load a lighting or other render setup file, it doesn't actually apply even though it didn't throw any message; I have to actually go to render settings and select the Environment branch, and then go back to the content library and load the render setting again and then it will apply.

Does this happen to you on brand new scenes too?

I didn't have this problem... But the render setting will change when I merge another file into the scene. This won't happen in the old version.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 455

merging another file in and having it apply the last-loaded render settings sounds like that's probably how they intend it to work tbh.

edited March 2021
    xueyt9518 said:

margrave said:

xueyt9518 said:

I didn't delete them. If I want to save the render setting, I need to delete them or not?
    Those are your render settings, so don't delete them. When you open a file, make sure they still have the same properties in the Properties pane. If not, you may need to save them as a Scene Subset and load them in that way.
    Post edited by margrave on

margrave said:

xueyt9518 said:

margrave said:

xueyt9518 said:

Those are your render settings, so don't delete them. When you open a file, make sure they still have the same properties in the Properties pane. If not, you may need to save them as a Scene Subset and load them in that way.

I deleted the default environment map image and used 'none' for the environment map. 

But every time I reopen the scene it will change back to the default image...

I just tried, changed this image and didn't delete the Environment Options nodes. But it still change back to the default image when I open the scene again. This didn't happen in 4.14 but happened in 4.15.

Yeah, they changed it at the same time they introduced Filament. Did you try saving just the environment and tonemapper nodes as a scene subset and merging them into your scene?

margrave said:

Yeah, they changed it at the same time they introduced Filament. Did you try saving just the environment and tonemapper nodes as a scene subset and merging them into your scene?

That can work... But it's a little inconvenient...

Still can't save some settings like environment map and max time/samples

• This is an old thread, but this problem still hasn't been solved. Regardless of whether I leave the Environment Options and Tonemapper Options in the scene when I save, some settings REVERT to their default settings, and that is a REAL problem if I want to pick up rendering stills from a scene that I worked on yesterday or last week. The following settings are NOT saved and they absolutely should be:

Environment map: This WILL save, but only if you REPLACE the environment map. If you remove the environment map entirely, save the file and then reopen it later, the DEFAULT environment map is loaded along with the scene. The only way I have found to prevent this is to delete the environment map from the disk entirely.

Progressive Render Settings: Min Samples always resets to 1, Render Quality always resets to 0, and Rendering Converged Ratio always resets to 95%. These settings ALL affect the output quality of the render. Why do they not save with the scene or scene subset? Why do I need to manually change them every time I load the scene?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,794

As for the 1st issue, you don't have to delete the HDRI map, here's a workaround - https://forum.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/671761/is-there-a-way-to-save-a-scene-without-the-default-hdri

As for the 2nd issue, I've not experienced it... but you can open duf file with Notepad++ to check if the render settings were wrongly saved.