Files missing error when trying to start interactive lessons

protagonystprotagonyst Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I just installed DAZ 3D using the Install Manager. This is what has been installed:

DAZ Studio 4.6 (Win 64-bit)
Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio
Genesis 2 - DMC
Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials
Genesis Starter Essentials
GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
Install Manager Default Filters
PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)
PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion
Scene Builder for DAZ Studio
Subsurface Shader Base

Content was installed to Recommended DAZ Studio/Poser Content Folder.

Whenever I try to start an Interactive Lesson, I get the following error message:

Files Not Found
6 files required by the "Finding, Loading and Manipulating Content" Interactive Lesson cannot be found. Check that the content is installed correctly and try again. The missing files are provided by the following product: Genesis 2 Starter Essentials

8 files are also missing for the "Barefoot Dancer" Interactive Lesson.

Please help.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

• protagonystprotagonyst Posts: 0
    edited November 2014

Found the source of the problem.

In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, the “DAZ Studio Formats” and “Poser Formats” weren't pointing to the right folders. For some reason, the folders defined in DIM at installation isn't set properly there.

I tried installing and reinstalling numerous times, trying different folder setup and it never worked. I ended up trying with the default setup (described in my post above) without more success. You message pointed me in the right direction. Made the correction and it works properly now.

Thanks!

Post edited by protagonyst on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

For some reason, the folders defined in DIM at installation isn’t set properly there.

DIM and DAZ Studio do not communicate at all. When you install content for DAZ Studio, you have to check that DS is looking in the correct place for that content.