Help Zeroing 3rd Party Content

Shjak MondeShjak Monde Posts: 30

I am using DAZ Studio Pro 4.6
I am importing 3rd Party Content created on CryEngine. However when I Import the OBJ into DAZ Studio, I need to move the OBJ to
Y Rotate = 180
X Rotate = 90
Move to Floor and then Center it so that now its at DAZ Studios equivalent of all Trans and Rotations being Zeroed.
DAZ 3D seems to translate this as X=90, Y=90, and Z=90 on the Rotation.
Actually this in itself is not difficult, until later when I wish to pose the OBJ in a scene.
The Rotations no longer want to act the way they are supposed to.

My Question is:
After setting the OBJ to DAZs Center Facing Forwards. Is there away to set this position as X=0, Y=0, Z=0 both Trans and Rotate?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

Experiment with the axis settings in the OBJ importer, and when you find a set that works save as a preset. I can't picture what is happening to tell you what to try - usually you want to swap the y and z axes, and possibly mirror the z.

• Shjak MondeShjak Monde Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Thank you Richard,
    Setting the Importer to the 3DS MAX Preset fixed it.
    thank you for your help

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Be careful using those import presets. Different programs use different unit scales for objects created by them, so it's easy — too easy — to end up with a flyspeck-sized complete building or an insect with the wingspan of a jumbo jet. :ohh:

• Shjak MondeShjak Monde Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Yes I understand that.
    3DS MAX =1 unit = 1m and DAZ = 1cm there will be a huge difference.
    I changed the Scale from 10,000% down to 100% and everything is correct size.
    Thanks