Using Genesis clothing with Genesis 2 figures?

cheardcheard Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in New Users

Sorry for the newbie question, and I'm happy to be pointed to a thread or help topic where this is already addressed. I am semi-confused about whether it's possible to apply Genesis clothing to Genesis 2 figures, and what issues I'm likely to encounter if I try.

Similar question for poses.

Also interested in more guidance on how to use GenX2. I think I understand the process of transferring morphs, but can I then apply MATs (character skins) to the resulting new figures?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Applying Genesis clothing to Genesis 2 is done using Autofit, which is part of DAZ Studio. When you load a piece of Genesis clothing, with Genesis 2 selected in the Scene pane, Autofit will pop up and ask what figure it was originally made for. Select Genesis from the drop-down list, then select the clothing type, and Autofit does the rest. It is not a perfect solution, but that should get you started.

Morphs and skins (textures) have no relationship. Textures are applied using the UV Map selector in the Surfaces pane. For example, Genesis is UV Mapped for Genesis Base, V4, M4 and The Kids 4, so any of these skins will work on Genesis.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

First question, Genesis clothing works on Genesis 2 for the most part. There are a few minor issues with footwear and long dresses, but most outfits will convert very nicely via the built-in autofit . I've posted a couple of quick examples below. Some skins can be used on Genesis 2, but it may require a separate purchase. The one below uses Victoria 4 UV's which are sold separately, but Genesis 2 can use Victoria 5 skins out of the box.

Generation X2 allows you to transfer morphs from earlier figures to Genesis and Genesis 2. The caveat here is that you'll need a plugin to make it work with Genesis 2 figures which is sold separately, and the conversions may require you to have additional morphs. For example, a Victoria 4 morph converted to Genesis 2 will need the Victoria 4 shape applied as well to get the right look.

Autofit_example_2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 278K
    Autofit_Example_1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 284K