Exporting from Daz Studio 4 to Vue 9 without getting crazy bump??

OrjannaOrjanna Posts: 22
edited November 2014 in New Users

First post, hi I am Lorri. I have been searching the internet for the answer to this with no luck. I have no problem exporting an .obj from Poser to Vue. Now I find I LOVE Daz Studio 4.6 (to cool it was free!) but anything I export to Vue 9 is all bumpy. I tried dumping the bump map, but that was no good. I know this is most likely something simple, but I am just not getting it. Here is an .obj I rendered in Vue. Obviously NOT the result I was looking for.. *sigh*

example.jpg
418 x 265 - 96K
Post edited by Orjanna on

Comments

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Vue imports dazstudio content very well but you have to adjust the bumps down and the shine down once you get the bump down. I have poser pro 2014 and DazStudio wins as far as exporting. would be nice if studio could have a flag for cutting the bumps way down. I export obj formats with materials from studio.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,526
    edited December 1969

In Vue, select "Edit all Materials" and set bump to 0.01 or something, and turn down specular size to zero, and go from there.

edited December 1969

adegner said:
    Vue imports dazstudio content very well but you have to adjust the bumps down and the shine down once you get the bump down. I have poser pro 2014 and DazStudio wins as far as exporting. would be nice if studio could have a flag for cutting the bumps way down. I export obj formats with materials from studio.

I've "bugged" eon to add "reading of .duf files to Vue the same way they read .pz3 files, then Vue could handle bump and shine/specular settings by itself.

• OrjannaOrjanna Posts: 22
    edited November 2014

Totte said:
    In Vue, select "Edit all Materials" and set bump to 0.01 or something, and turn down specular size to zero, and go from there.

I am now *bump* free!! Thank you all so much. But I can't find where to adjust the "specular" size? I assume that is why her eyes are still milky...
    EDIT: I clicked off the eye reflection in the list of body parts and that got rid of the milky eyes! Thank you again so much

example2.jpg
    640 x 360 - 15K
    Post edited by Orjanna on
    edited December 1969

this is whee you set it

set.jpg
    672 x 536 - 56K
  • OrjannaOrjanna Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    this is whee you set it