Installer types in the Store

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited December 1969 in New Users

I was browsing shaders in the new store layout and noticed something I hadn't paid attention to the different installer types and was wondering what the difference is..especially as I'm not seeing like DIM installer or such.

DAZ Studio Core Installer vs DSON Core Installer

what does the different names mean, if anything?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I would assume a DAZ Studio Core installer could use older DAZ Studio formats. Do you have an example of a product listed that way?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, Velvety Goodness is DAZ Studio format (.dsa) but not DSON (.duf).

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Ah, so those have to do with what's inside the files, not if they're DIM or not.

(I've seen DSON but don't know whwat it means yet).

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    Ah, so those have to do with what's inside the files, not if they're DIM or not.

(I've seen DSON but don't know whwat it means yet).

DSON installers are for Poser.

DSON is a plugin for Poser that allows Genesis and Genesis 2 figures and content to work in Poser. If you are using DAZ studio, don't worry about DSON installers.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

@Scavenger

This link will tell you about the DSON file format which DAZ Studio uses (.DUF) : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/dson_spec/start

This will tell you about the DSON importer for Poser users : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/start

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    DSON installers are for Poser.

DSON is a plugin for Poser that allows Genesis and Genesis 2 figures and content to work in Poser. If you are using DAZ studio, don't worry about DSON installers.

Sorry, but this is wrong.
    DSON is the format of DS files used by DS4.6+, and DSON Core installers are the ones you should download if you use DS 4.6+.

DSON Importer is a plugin for Poser 9+ which enables it to load content in DSON format, so if you use Poser with the importer you would use the DSON Core and Poser CF installers for content provided in DSON format.