Glassy eyes

AdrianSAdrianS Posts: 77
edited December 1969 in New Users

Some eyes seem to have trouble with certain lights, and give a sort of 'glass eye' effect (see picture). You can see that the eyes are rendering, but not properly. I presume this can be sorted by adjusting some sort of surface setting, but I'm not sure which.

Eyes.jpg
416 x 408 - 112K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What figure is this, and what software - DAZ Studio or Poser?

• AdrianSAdrianS Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I should have said, it is DAZ. The figure is one from Adam Thwaites (Lucija, with the extra subsurface scattering applied). It's a problem that is not restricted to that figure, though. I've noticed it with several figures from time to time, especially if I use Age of Armour's Advanced Ambient light.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Schmit said:
    Sorry, I should have said, it is DAZ. The figure is one from Adam Thwaites (Lucija, with the extra subsurface scattering applied). It's a problem that is not restricted to that figure, though. I've noticed it with several figures from time to time, especially if I use Age of Armour's Advanced Ambient light.

And there's your problem.

AoA ambient light throws specular from the camera POV by default - that's what causes the white out in the eye.

Simple solution is to change the ambient light from "on" to "diffuse" then set up another light for specular that isn't coming from the camera point of view.